8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$133
vocoHotels$134
Travelocity$134
ZenHotels.com$149
5,119 results
All reviews champagne bar train station champagne central taxi rank hope street lovely hotel afternoon tea street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay central glasgow haggis stayed for one night concourse concierge mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

If you want a lovely relaxing afternoon tea the please AVOID the Grand Central at all costs…..

1. Shown to table promptly and then wait 45minutes for service
2. Got coffee the 10 minutes later got stale sandwiches
3. Made a complaint at the time… given a free glass of Prosecco… didn’t get the one we had paid for nor the free one either…
4. Wrote a lengthy email to the Manager ….No Response….

PLEASE STAY CLEAR

Wasted what should have been a lovely afternoon..

Should have read the reviews prior to booking ….They have a service issue

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allgave
Allan Wilson, Other at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Allgave,

Thank you for posting the review of the afternoon tea offering and service to which I am bitterly disappointed in the feedback. Should you wish to contact myself, please feel free to do so at allan.wilson@ihg.com where I would be keen to follow up directly retrospectively.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Service was friendly and helpful. I asked for a tub which they gave me, & brought up toiletries I needed. Convenient location for public transportation & pedestrian streets, shopping. Nice old hotel with a grand staircase. Enjoyed my time here.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tignorsgirl,

Thank you for sharing the review and great scores of your stay with us at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, and we look forward to your next return.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2022

Well once again the grand central never fails to disappoints.My sister and I love getting off the train and walking into this beautiful hotel.It reminds us of trips as young children visiting relatives and looking at this iconic hotel wishing we could stay,and now we can.
We stayed pre covid and have noticed there has been a revamp of the hotel,our room was comfortable and spacious the number I won’t divulge because we would like it again sorry folks The breakfast was well presented with all we needed especially the overnight oats they were delicious wouldn’t have minded the recipe.
There was a fire alarm on the night we stayed so of course we were evacuated standing outside me in my PJs and sis in her nightie it was freezing so we then we decide to go into the station to wait,we got some very strange looks but it was something for us to laugh about.So thankyou all at the grand central it won’t be long till we visit again

1  Thank 52ma

Dear 52ma,

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively recommend the voco Grand Central Glasgow to stay in as your favourite hotel.

I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team and I know that everyone will join me in hoping to welcome you back soon.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

Our group of four stayed at this hotel on our final evening in Scotland . We wanted to be downtown Glasgow for an easy Sunday morning ride to the airport. The hotel is immediately adjacent to the Grand Central Station so it is a hustling and bustling location. We were able to walk to a fantastic restaurant for dinner. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and overall a very good value relative to other upscale hotels that we stayed at during our week long trip to Scotland.

FOR THOSE DRIVING A CAR….the parking situation is difficult. The hotel parking is located at the Grand Central Station which, although somewhat adjacent to the hotel, one must drive down a number of one way streets to circle back and go to the 5th level of the car park. You must then walk a fairly good distance through the central train station (which is quite beautiful) to the hotel. If you are carrying your luggage this can be pretty difficult. Conversely, I dropped our group of street side which was also difficult given the amount of traffic.

I enjoyed the hotel very much and recommend this hotel if you are in Glasgow, however if you have a vehicle, I would perhaps research and select another hotel that has a better parking situation.

Room tip: Parking is difficult and should be carefully considered if you are driving a vehicle….
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Allan Wilson, Other at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear 52stephenv,

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively recommend the voco Grand Central Glasgow to stay in.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2022

I loved the architecture of the building the hotel is in and the location is unbeatable - more or less attached to Glasgow Grand Central station and also very close to two Airport Express Bus stops (Waterloo and George St). I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in Glasgow. The staff were friendly. My only complaint is that they don't provide bar soap, only shower gel.

Date of stay: April 2022