Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,109 results
All reviews champagne bar station concourse champagne central taxi rank hope street lovely hotel afternoon tea street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay central glasgow haggis concierge mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2022

I loved the architecture of the building the hotel is in and the location is unbeatable - more or less attached to Glasgow Grand Central station and also very close to two Airport Express Bus stops (Waterloo and George St). I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in Glasgow. The staff were friendly. My only complaint is that they don't provide bar soap, only shower gel.

Date of stay: April 2022
Allan Wilson, Other at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear Jessica82378,

Thank you for sharing the review and great scores of your stay with us at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, and we look forward to your next return.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2022 via mobile

Location is top class. Best position for shopping and dining in Glasgow.

Champagne central bar is a great spot for people watching.

Rooms are large and very comfortable (if a little soulless). Triple glazed windows cut out any street noise.

Bathrooms very clean and shower had good water pressure.

Breakfast has a good variety, but we had to queue at times, and sometimes they ran out of items. We waited quite some time for them to refill the scrambles eggs.

Staff on reception were lovely, efficient and friendly.

Corridors are tidy, and cleaning staff are were an active presence.

We would stay again when next in Glasgow.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank Mathmagic

Dear Mathmagic,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share the complimentary review while you had the short trip with your husband.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto everyone as they enjoy reading all our feedbacks while we take the fair and honest observations of breakfast to improve on. We hope to welcome you both back to the Grand Central Hotel in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2022

This is the first time we’ve been to Glasgow and everyone was very helpful with pointing out what we should do in the city. The room was spotless when we came in and nothing was broken.

We also had breakfast with the hotel and the wide variety available was spot on! Eduardo was especially helpful with his ‘good mornings’ and giving us haggis to try! Overall, we are very pleased with our stay here and will definitely come back!

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank jaskaranu2022

Dear jaskaranu2022,

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of Eduardo here.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow. We hope you continue to watch our website for any opportunities to return soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights mid-week. Booked a premium room and we were given a pokey room at the end of a corridor overlooking the station. The room had an odd little "dressing room" thing off to one side with an extra TV and a little chair - pointless.

We arrived late so we phoned down to get some room service for dinner - phone button for room service went to a disconnected line and when reception transferred me the connection was so bad I could barely make out what was being said.
Turns out the room service menu online was out of date, so we ended up just getting a takeaway instead.

Curtains didn't block out much of the light from the screens in the station and no real soundproofing so the noise was pretty bad, not a restful night.

Shower in the bathroom was decent, the towel rail was squeezed in behind a lamp above the sink and one of the towels had a hole in it - overall not great.

In the morning I asked at reception if there were any other rooms available away from the trains - was told that the hotel was very busy and so no guarantees, I gave them my phone number and was told they'd phone me by 3:30 after speaking to housekeeping.
3:30 came and went, so I called back - after being on hold for a few minutes I was told that the hotel was fully booked... except the hotel website still showed rooms available to book, so that was odd.

All in all we would have probably been better off just booking a Premier Inn or something for half the price.
Don't think we'll be back.

Room tip: Ask at reception if they can give you a room away from the station - might make it easier to sleep through the night. No guarantees though.
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank AnIntrovertAbroad

Dear AnIntrovertAbroad,

Thank you for choosing voco and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at voco Grand Central Glasgow.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

I'm disappointed to see the aspects of your stay on this occasion that were not rectified and with our True Hospitality. I will pick these up on my return tomorrow with the team when you highlighted the feedback to our front office.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Should you wish to return in the future, please don't hesitate to contact myself directly so that I can co-ordinate the reservation and ensure that we restore your faith in the next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2022

We stayed here on a visit to the city for our anniversary. We arrived at 11am in the morning so we were delighted when they said we could have access to our room early. The room was clean and tidy but felt the decor wasn't in keeping with the rest of the hotel. My partner had ordered and paid for a surprise bottle of champagne which wasn't in our room on arrival but assumed this was just because we checked in earlier. On arrival back to the hotel at 4:30pm this still hadn't arrived so he called down to reception and they seemed to have no knowledge of this. 30 minutes later we then finally received our champagne. Whilst getting ready we tried to order some room service however the member of staff who was answering the phones was very incompetent and said we could only have chips as room service... although the menu was in the rooms.
We decided not to have breakfast so we cannot comment on this.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank AKennedy67
IHG Service, Owner at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Hi AKennedy67,

Thank you for your patronage of Voco Grand Central Glasgow. Our hotel provides a quality stay in an environment unique to our chain.

I reviewed your comments and I am sorry that some of our facilities were not to your satisfaction. I understand your disappointment about these matters and with this, in mind, I send your remarks to our local area managers to be evaluated. We have created a plan to improve our services and offers.

I invited you to come and stay with us on your next trip so we can provide you with the excellent service that is customary in our chain.

Warm wishes,