7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$120
Priceline$120
Travelocity$120
Hurb$122
5,121 results
All reviews champagne bar train station champagne central taxi rank hope street lovely hotel afternoon tea street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay central glasgow haggis stayed for one night concourse concierge mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

We had a trip to Glasgow as had an appointment at the passport office.
We wanted somewhere central with parking, the parking is ncp on Oswalds street which you got half price at £12.50 for 24 hour stay.
It’s a great location if your travelling by train too, its literally in the train station.
Staff were very attentive and informative when we were there, room clean and had all the amenities you’d need.
We got the dinner bed and breakfast deal.
Dinner was very good, there champagne bar menu consists of only small plates, don’t let that put you off they have a daily three course set menu which is included in the package deal.
Food quality was really good offering good value.
Breakfast was good, decent choice.
Hotel location is city centre so there’s lots of noise from traffic, train station, people partying, however they have additional inside glazing once this is in place you don’t hear a thing, however we didn’t see that until the morning totally our own doing, we really recommend the hotel if travelling to Glasgow.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allan Wilson, Other at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear Elainethomson83,

Thank you kindly for posting the five-star review of the voco Grand Central Glasgow. I hope you continue to watch our website for future opportunities to stay again.

Haste ye be back!

Reviewed 5 April 2022 via mobile

Had a lovely overnight stay on 3rd April for our anniversary and hotel is lovely, grand and room was fab. Lots of space- fantastic comfy bed and pillows..also got a nice surprise of bottle of fizz in the room. Very central for transportation too. Staff very pleasant and helpful and breakfast was good too.

DearlindapN5729CO,

It's terrific to read how impressed you were with your whole experience here at the voco Grand Central Glasgow, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our team, who I know will be proud to see your valued feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms through a voucher which included bed and breakfast and champagne Afternoon tea, superb value.
All 3 rooms were clean, well set up and very comfy. Complimentary water and wee box of chocolates, nice touch.
Bathroom, shower etc all great. Good double glazing as well so no nose at all from the street outside.
Couple of points, window latches in our room were broken… see photos and there no fridge so you can’t keep water etc cool.
The afternoon tea is in champagne bar and service and standard very high even though the bar was especially busy on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
Definitely be back and definitely do this deal again, location is perfect whether you arrive in either station or by bus.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CJ0hnst0n

Dear CJ0hnst0n,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to compile your feedback from your stay at the hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the points highlighted and rest assured these have been communicated and completed by the relevant managers.

Thank you kindly for also taking the time to compliment our staff to which this will be passed onto all the team.

We look forward to your next stay, and with the opportunity to restore your faith and reassure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2022 via mobile

Really disappointed with this hotel, especially given the price and the grand/luxurious from outside.

I was on a work trip so checked in around 5/6pm on a weeknight. It was quite busy with lots of people checking in and when it came for me to check in I was asked would i be phong cash or card? I advised the receptionist that the stay was already pre paid as I had booked through my corporate travel company (which I do on a weekly basis and never had any issues). The receptionists accepted this and thought it must be a mistake, however as she was sorting my room key out she noticed on the next stage it was again saying my room was not paid for. I showed her my booking confirmation and confirmation of payment, so she said she would look into it for me and ring me if the payment hasn’t gone through. This was in front of a lot of people so I felt a bit embarrassed however it’s not the receptionists fault she’s just doing her job. What really annoyed me is that as I was about to leave reception with my key, was I was called back by the receptionists to be told that there was actually a specific note from the reservations manager next to my name, saying to make sure I pay my bill. I was absolutely humiliated because this was almost an attack personally on me. I think the receptionist could see how embarrassed I was so she said she would ring me later on in the evening to sort the situation out (which she never did so I am assuming they found the payment?).

After that I went up to my room and was really underwhelmed. I’ve been in Glasgow 3 weeks at this point and like to try and visit different hotels. The week earlier id stayed in The Hilton and this room had nothing on that. My colleagues were also all staying in this hotel and we had all booked Queen Rooms. I went to see their rooms later and there’s were a lot grander than mine! My room was really basic (room 228) and didn’t have a corridor into it or anything, as soon as you opened the door you were right in front of my bed which I didn’t like. As a young solo female traveller this made me feel uncomfortable.

When I went to sleep that night, I switched the light off and there was a huge luminous green light on the curtain. I assumed it must be a shop sign outside so I got out of bed to check but couldn’t see anything. Confused I turned round to find that there was a huge emergency evacuation sign/light on the wall of the bedroom which was shining right onto the curtain. This is the type of sign you would find in a corridor so I am assuming the room used to be a corridor and they changed it into a room. The room was lit up all night bright green it was ridiculous.

I went to Champagne Central and really enjoyed that and couldn’t fault it however the actual hotel itself isn’t up to scratch

Room tip: Avoid room 228!
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank April7597
IHG Service, Owner at voco Grand Central Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2022

Hi April7597,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your hotel experience and for choosing the voco hotel brand as your travel partner.

We do our best to provide good value and convenient hotel encounters. I am sorry we could not meet your expectations. We want to make sure you enjoy your lodging experience on your next stopover and not to worry about complications. Trust that I have shared your feedback with the hotel management as a tool for enhancing the accommodations and level of service we provide.

Thank you for doing business with IHG Hotels and Resorts. I hope you can allow us to make up for the shortfalls.

Warm regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 March 2022 via mobile

As a former resident of Glasgow and as a frequent visitor to the city. I have been familiar with Glasgow Central, on an intimate basis, for many years (40 plus). I have walked through Central Station on many, many occasions. I’ve even completed the interesting and entertaining Central Station Tour. Following my first ever stay at this sumptuous hotel, I hope that I do not leave it another 40 years before my next visit.

Check-in was routine and functional. Transfer to bedroom was scary via long, voluminous corridors which could have been used as a set on the Jack Nicholson movie ‘The Shining’ . But they were also plush and stylish.

Our ‘loft’ style bedroom was just lovely. A bed designed for sleep, not just style. Space was in abundance. Our bathroom was massive - not dissimilar in size to our bedroom! Both bedroom and bathroom had windows looking directly over the main station concourse - which provided some rich entertainment as Scotland and Poland football fans gathered en masse to transfer to Hampden Park.

Down to the stylish, but relaxed cocktail bar where it was possible to think of how life might have been in the 30’s or 40’s in an idealistic world.

Dinner was had elsewhere - but breakfast proved to be an absolute treat. Everything you would hope for - fresh, tasty, ‘clean’ (as I like to judge a cooked breakfast)

A true gem of a hotel and one I would definitely return to.

Room tip: Rush hour on the station Do not miss breakfast!
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank bellytubby

Dear bellytubby,

It's wonderful to read your brilliant review and that you'd actively recommend the voco Grand Central Glasgow to stay in.

I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team and I know that everyone will join me in hoping to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,