“Great stay great location”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are upto date and modern I found the ceiling in our room abit low but then I like high ceilings as it creates more space maybe they do have rooms with higher ceilings I didn't ask we stayed in a standard double. Our toilet in our room was making a noise all through the night the next day i spoke to reception about it , we went shopping and when we got back it had been fixed. The spa is amazing I wish i took more time to have a treatment it's great as a guest at the hotel you can use the spa early in the morning until 9 and then after 6 in the evening. I didn't get up for breakfast but my partner did and he said it was great. The location is really good. We ordered room service which was exellent really quick they charge you £5 for the tray which I didn't really like but it wouldn't put me off wanting to stay their again! All the staff I met were exellent and gave award winning custoer service I can see why this is the place that everyone wants to stay! I hope to be back again sometime.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard double
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonStargaze
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Blythswood Square

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Sumptuous overnight stay with a friend. Luxurious room overlooking Blythswood Square. Can't fault this hotel for Service, Food, Room, Spa, friendly Staff, Top Class Service all round.
Just a wonderful experience from the minute you walk through the door to the sad time that you have to check out. And to be in the centre of Glasgow with all the City facilities available too.......well, nothing can beat this Hotel & Spa in Glasgow. Have stayed now 4 times and it now feels like my second home x

Room Tip: Room 324 overlooking the Square. Gorgeous.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank chrmacmurdie
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Blythswood Square Hotel is absolutely stunning to look at, with beautiful touches and thoughtful design at every turn. It also has the most luxurious spa, which I enjoyed completely to myself on Saturday evening. It seemed that everyone else was in the gorgeous bar enjoying cocktails at that time, and the atmosphere was fantastic. I was very lucky and got upgraded to the amazing Blythswood Suite, which was so decadently enormous I just kept walking around it for a while! Travelling by myself for a yoga retreat, I felt very indulgent having such a gigantic suite to myself, but I made the most of it with room service for dinner and breakfast, and both were delicious. The service was the single best thing about my stay though: every single member of staff I encountered was lovely, and nothing seemed too much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's truly a five star experience, and for me it's a huge plus for Glasgow's hotel scene. Beautiful yet comfortable, elegant yet funky, sophisticated yet welcoming, it's the essence of luxury, fun and top-class service, all at once. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Blythswood Suite is huge, gorgeous and stunning if you can afford it. Only the Townhouse Suite a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I booked Blythswood Square as a surprise for my partner based purely on the fact it was a newish 5 star hotel in an ideal location. Whilst the hotel looks fabulous on the surface it has a number of service and cosmetic issues which just should not exist in a 5 star property.

We were allocated room 311 which had an interior courtyard view. Given the lack of natural light and the dark materials used in the room we actually found the room dark even with all the lights on. The bathroom is fully lined in brown marble which makes it a dark environment too. Strangely there were no towel rail, so once a towel was used the only place to put it was over the bath.

Unfortunately the attention to detail on the finishes used in the room, let the hotel down ever further. We had cracked plaster work, unpainted surfaces, burnt lamp shades and marked floors and walls. In a true 5 star hotel rooms shouldn't have this much wear and tear.

The other thing that astounded me about the service on offer from Blythswood Square is that they offer a late checkout of 12:00 on a sunday but they finish serving breakfast at 10:00. When we checked in we were actually advised that breakfast gets busy about 9:30 so to ensure we get fed it would be better to come down around 9ish. This is also reiterated in the welcome pack in the room. If customer service is at the heart of what they do, it would surely be a good idea to extend the breakfast serving so guests can have a lie in at the weekend.

I do appreciate that in isolation none of these issues are major but when you add them all up, it rather took the shine off what was supposed to be a surprise weekend at a 5 star hotel.

I have complained to the hotel since my stay and they have admitted that the room wasn't up to their usual standard. I can't tell if we were just unlucky or there is a more widespread problem with attention to detail at Blythswood Square, either way, I doubt very much I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Was given a 1 night stay here for our anniversary. What a treat. Everything was great. Service excellent - special thanks to Wendy who showed us our room and the spa gave us useful information and sent up some treats when she heard why we were staying. The spa was superb. Shame you could only use it for free at night or first thing in the morning(£20 at other times which is not bad) but it was worth the wait!! Breakfast was amazing - everything you could ask for (including a full vegetarian cooked).Location -very central and got parked easily outside. Would definitely recommend - don't think twice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple