“Divine food, outstanding service and one of the coziest places in West End”
Review of Number 16

Number 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Number 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,570 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award- winning restaurant in the heart of Glasgow's West End. Number 16 is a cosy, well established and much loved neighbourhood favourite offering quality food, friendly service and great value in relaxed surroundings. Run by a tight- knit, experienced and dedicated team; Number 16 is proud to bring fresh and unusual ideas to modern Scottish cooking. Our ever- changing menu features imaginative, balanced flavours; strong international influences and a commitment to using seasonal produce. We strive to make each dining experience a relaxing, unique and memorable one for every customer. In 2010, Number 16 was awarded an Eat Scotland Silver Award and won best restaurant in the 'Smart But Casual' category at the annual Glasgow Restaurant Awards.In December 2011 Number 16 was awarded an AA Rosette.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went in to grab lunch with a friend yesterday at 1pm, we don't usually go for fancy food but number 16 has such a great atmosphere, we just couldn't miss it.

The staff was super friendly and our waitress was more than happy to go over the menu with us to help us pick the best options (they've got a small menu but each dish is unique and quite different from what I've had elsewhere). We shared an appetiser of the gin cured salmon which was delicious, and tried the beef and the pork belly (both amazing). The caramel panacotta was a little too sweet for me but my friend loved it.

Food was divine, service - outstanding, and we're coming back for certain!

1  Thank Dimana A

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our Table of 8 people turned up for our meal at 7:30pm on a Thursday, a la carte menu. We were all told after sitting for ten minutes that we need to order our food now or else it will be late and cold when brought out. We were confused at this as restaurant wasn't that busy but we ordered (there are 12 tables and 3 waiters). One of our guys was running late so the waiter actually asked us 'can you please phone your mate and get his order otherwise he wont get any food.....". This was after sitting down for 15 minutes. We refused to phone him and we said he would be here shortly and he would order when here. Mate arrives and is handed a menu. Less than 15 seconds later the waiter comes back and asks 'have you got an order for me yet?' in a brisk and uncourteous tone.... Waiter also added he could not have a hot starter because he was late.

After being rushed through our starters and mains (the beef was chewy and tasteless), the waiter then comes to us and says 'well gents, you have this table now for the rest of the night!' ... Brilliant mate, can't wait to spend more time here being served flavourless 'petite plates' and ordering from a lacklustre food menu and wine list, both bereft of any imagination. Sign me up.

This should not be listed as Glasgow's number 2 restaurant on here; It shouldn't even be in the top 50. Regret ever phoning and asking for a table.

4  Thank JohnK97
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came here with my Dad, who was up visiting for the week. We'd eaten at most of the 'fine dining' restaurants around Glasgow before but had never been here so we gave it a go. Absolutely wonderful service from the moment we walked in, the waitress/host was friendly and looked after us very well, whilst the food was explained to us and served quickly. I work in a restaurant not too dissimilar in terms of client and food presentation standards, and I was extremely impressed! The food itself was lovely, and the wines complimented our meals perfectly. Prices were not as over the top as one might expect for the fine dining experience either! One negative thing for ourselves was one of the other tables who were in, who were a bit noisy and irritating, but obviously that is not the restaurant's fault. Aside from that, it was all perfect and I will be hurrying back!

4  Thank andyallan12321
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had been wanting to try Number 16 for ages, as I've heard such good things! I definitely wasn't disappointed! Both members of staff that served us were extremely helpful! The food was incredible, neither me or my friend had one complaint about the whole meal. The cosy atmosphere really adds to the experience. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank Christy L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Number 16 for our anniversary. Amazing food. Beautiful flavours. Can’t wait to go back again soon!!