“To be recommended”

and 1 more site!
Beersbridge Lodge Guesthouse
Ranked #26 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2011

There was heavy snow which brought the country to a halt when I stayed here. It took me 11 hours to get to Glasgow when it usually takes me 5 and yet the hotel was warm and comfortable when I did finally arrive and I was pleased I had madde the effort. There was little or no food in the shops (as supply lorries were stranded) and yet the staff still managed to find bread and milk for breakfast every day, despite being snowed in and unable to home herself. The snow on the park actually looked very picturesque as one braved treacherous pavements to get around in the absense of any local buses running but I would still be happy to do it all again cos Beersbridge made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 December 2010

I've stayed there this summer with my brother. It is not so far from the city center and nearby kelvingrove park and museums
Big room for little money. A bit noisy from children running around, but I had earplugs :-)
Friendly host, I got sick and they helped me to find the nearest doctor.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We stayed here one night en route to Edinburgh. The proprietor is wonderful- very kind and helpful. The rooms are small but cozy, and the guesthouse itself is in a quiet neighborhood in Glasgow near a park. You will have to take a bus into the downtown area, but there are many lovely pubsand a museum walking distance to Beersbridge Lodge.My only complaint is no wi-fi or internet access, but that's very forgivable :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2009

This is one of the cheaper places to stay in Glasgow but I think I would rather pay more in order to get more! The room is fine though needs refurbishing. At least it is warm. bring your own soap!! There was very loud music somewhere nearby which woke me up at 3am then 6am on a Sunday (and I sleep easily so my poor husband took ages getting to sleep). The breakfast is continental (as stated in the guide), pieces of white bread toast and cereals and instant coffee. People had rated the service as friendly. It was not unfriendly just basic and lacking in atmosphere completely at breakfast.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed in Beersbridge Lodge in Glasgow for three nights in September. We got there early - around 11am so weren't expecting to be able to check in - it was a welcome surprise to find that our room was ready and that checking in was no problem.

Beersbridge Lodge is in a great location overlooking Kelvingrove Park - the gallery and university are only minutes walk away. Its one street over from Sauchiehall Street - a 10 minute walk at the most into the city centre (that's if you don't get distracted by all the great shops on the way!)

Breakfast was included - fairly basic continental breakfast, but the dining room was very nice and there was plenty available.

Tracey the manager was very helpful and friendly - even letting me use her laptop and internet connection to double check our flights.

All in all, a good place to stay in a really nice and quiet but still central location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends