Acorn Hotel
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
US$ 137
US$ 124
  • Pool
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 101
US$ 125
US$ 114
  • Pool
All reviewswest endghd straightenerscity centrekelvingrove parksmall hotelsingle rooma ground floor roomsauchiehall streetquiet locationlovely hotelboutique hotelcooked breakfastno liftwithin walking distanceminute walkstreet parkingwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at this little hotel for one night as we were visiting Glasgow for a wedding.

Considering the reasonable price it is really great quality and value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a good location which is peaceful but within easy walking distance of town. The room was spotless, well designed and comfortable - no complaints what so ever.

Only slight negative comments I would make (and they are very slight) - the hotel has no real facilities in terms of bar...etc... but there are lots of lovely places nearby. Also, whilst we were there they were doing lots of work on the building so it was noisy during the day. However, it really is a lovely place to stay and I would happily stay there again or recommend to anyone I knew who was making a visit to lovely Glasgow.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel, and I was again really pleased with the service and the quality of the accommodation. The rooms I have seen are small but I really like the decor and my bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is ok and I have seen better, but they have what I like (muesli, yoghurt, toast) and are happy to provide a cooked breakfast. The coffee isn't very good, and I don't like television at breakfast, but it wasn't very loud.. The service was efficient and friendly. I like that the hotel is quite small and quiet. At £66 per night it's excellent value, and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

PLUSES
Reasonable price GBP 70 per night
Good breakfast
Location fairly close in, accessible to bus, next to Kelvingrove Park
Clean.
Good bed.
Fast internet included in the price.
Decaf coffee with the kettle in the room.
Liked it enough to stay there a second time.

MINUSES
Tiny room.
Had to buy our own soy milk for special diet

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel was reasonably priced, nice decor and modern bathroom. However, the girl on reception could have been more friendly and welcoming.
But my biggest problem is that there was no hot water, which in my opinion is a very important indeed. I had to boil the kettle in the room to have a wash which is totally unacceptable.
I reported this to reception and the girl didn't seemed surprised at all and just said she would report it, I didn't even get as mush as a sorry.
I travel to Glasgow with work a lot and would have stated again, but no hot water and poor customer service, I think not!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2012

A hotel with friendly and obliging staff. Good breakfast well prepared and presented. Had a room with sash windows on the ground floor. Impossible to open the windows, possibly for security reasons, but it resulted in an uncomfortably stuffy night. Bedding was good but on the heavy side which didn't help for a comfortable nights sleep on a warm night. Otherwise no issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business