All reviews glasgow stay free breakfast cheap hotel tea coffee couple of nights excellent breakfast stayed one night sauchiehall street hydro charger university
Reviewed 18 September 2018

This hotel was really lovely.The staff were so friendly, kind, caring, and so helpful.The breakfasts were 1st class and really lovely.It was a very inviting hotel and we felt very welcome.The area was lovely and so handy for buses. Especially the tour buses. Everything was lovely and clean and our room was wonderful so spacious and having refreshments in our room was great.We will definately be coming back again.Best hotel in Glasgow.Thank you all for such an enjoyable stay.Really enjoyed ourselves, thank you.Will definately recommend to friends and family.

Room tip: Wonderful friendly hotel.Thank you all for such a lovely holiday.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Came for the Celtic vs rangers game and booked smiths hotel for my short stay. Found a great deal on their website.

Hotel had everything I needed for my stay and breakfast was tasty and served quickly.

Asked for iron and iron board and the staff were kind enough to lend me this as well as a charger for my phone.

Appreciated the wake up call and taxi booked so I could get to the game on time.

Highly recommend and will be back again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank murphy77pad
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Clean,tidy room with basic facilities at a cheap price.

Front of the hotel needs attention as doesn't reflect the rest of the place which is well kept.

Too many stairs but old traditional building might be why there is no lift.

Breakfast was tasty but more vegetation options would not go amiss.

Overall, good place to stay on a budget.

Room tip: Request a lower floor room if have mobility issues
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Just needed a clean room and comfortable bed for my 4 night stay as had to come to Glasgow for some business purposes this time.

Wi-fi easy to connect to and breakfast plentiful to start the day.

Quick and easy check in and check out.

can’t complain.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute but found a good deal online compared many other hotels in the city. Glasgow was super busy with other hotels asking for extortionate prices but smiths was reasonably priced in comparison.

We weren't expecting luxury but we found the hotel very well located and very clean and comfortable. We were given a room that had been recently refurbished with a new bathroom which was very modern and impressive. Although there is no lift, the very kind gentlemanly duty offered to help us with our bags all the way to the second floor. We appreciated this gesture considering there were only stairs.

Room had all the standard amenities that we needed as we were going to go out and explore the city most of the day.

Really comfortable mattresses in the room we stayed in (room 36) and nice big smart tv which the kids enjoyed.

Wi-Fi was free and very fast and easy to connect too which was a bonus.

Breakfast was free too and was one of the best I've had!
Fully cooked,hot and brought to your table. Stayed in chain hotels where the breakfast gets cold so this was a welcome change.

Overall was pleased with my stay and would recommend others as despite some previous negative reviews I have read, the place is in a great location, clean and managed by very courteous staff who were always willing to help.

Date of stay: August 2018