All reviewsfree breakfastdouble roomconcert at the hydrotea coffeegood nights sleepmin walkpleasant staystayed one nightsauchiehall streetuniversitysecc
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Booked last minute literally less than an hour before we arrived. Staff were all nice and checked us in quickly. The room was small and didn't have its own bathroom but was very cheap so can't complain much. View from the room was nice.

The room was very clean and had a tv, kettle and teabags etc ready for if we needed them. Towels were also provided. Free breakfast was available in the morning however we were too tired and never went.

For somewhere booked extremely last minute, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Smiths H, Front Office Manager at Smiths Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

We appreciate your kind comments and will provide your feedback to the rest of our staff.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stayed here on a Saturday night with friends. We had 3 rooms booked in total. The room I stayed in was fine, clean and had no issues. However, one of the other rooms had an issue with the shower and had no cold water (which they were trying to fix). Only complaint is that the shower was weak and was either really cold or scalding hot. The hotel is a bit out of the way but uber is available and cheap to go to the centre. Would probably stay somewhere more central next time, though.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We have just got home from a night stay at the Smiths Hotel .we booked this short notice and did not read reviews till after I was shocked to read such bad reviews and was worried what we would find . When we arrived we were told to go to the car park at the back he came out to get us and carried my case up to reception. When we got there he said as I was struggling with my walking stick he would move us down to a family room so it was easier to get to .the room was lovely .the hotel is a very old building with creaky floor boards and beautiful box sash windows full of character. They are working on improving things there were a few workman around .All the staff were very helpful and our breakfast thanks to the lovely Mary was excellent with a lovely menu to choose from .im so glad we came. it's a shame people don't realize this is a budget hotel it's just what you need, if you want perfect hotels you have to pay for that .I know I have no problem coming back and will be soon .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

For the price we paid to stay here we were blown away by everything that was included! The room included a free full English breakfast for 2 with sausage, eggs, bacon, everything! It also, included free parking behind the building!
The only drawback is the location is a bit out of the way and about a 40 minute walk into the city center. However, there is a bus around the corner from the hotel that goes directly there. Alternatively an uber only cost us £5 for one way.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Hotel was OK for the money, however I tried to upgrade my room to a double after mistakenly booking a single and I got charged more than the room was displaying on some comparison sights. I ended up paying the additional fee as I felt that it was easier than trying to get my money back for the previous booking.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business