All reviews free breakfast tea coffee min walk pleasant stay stayed one night sauchiehall street hydro university secc
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

my husband and I stayed here last night to attend a gig. On arrival place is pretty run down, staff I will say were nice and friendly. we climbed 3 flights of stairs to find our room. the decor is in urgent need of attention, I would be ashamed to have guests stay if it was mine. the bed was old and fit for the bin, every spring can be felt. the bedding was old and pillowcases smelt of greasy heads. the velux window was broken and top hanging off , we had a frozen draught on us all night and the cistern takes hours to refill after flushed so we had that to listen to most of the night... we hardly slept so I couldn't be bothered with breakfast but my husband did go down and said it was average, cheap ingredients, edible but that's about it. on booking it asks for your card to hold your room but payment to be made on arrival. I got there to find a receipt for amount taken from my card. I am not happy as i would not have paid for this awful night ... never stayed anywhere like it and wont do ever again

2  Thank rocomo
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

After a one night swift stay (6 hours) to be precise as we had early flight to catch I was relived to leave the place !!
The whole place needs updated and totally deep cleaned ,
The room was small and cramped smelt damp and dirty ,sheets where clean but bathroom was owful , could hear everything from other rooms , sounding and looking like a half way house for the homeless .

Far too Over priced

Seriously in need of a clean up !!!!!

1  Thank ksym1
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Paid £140 for a night. I should have set fire to my money
This hotel if you can call it that is awful.
It is dreary, dirty and if we hadn’t arrived so late for a gig I would not have stayed. The sheets were dirty, quilt none existent it was so thin and mattresses clearly needed replacement. Wi-fi didn’t work, en suite was literally in a cupboard added to the room and tv was the size of a postage stamp.
Breakfast was only just passable but obviously cheap ketchup and hp decanted into Heinz/HP bottles
Waiter rude in breakfast room
Avoid this hotel like the plaque. It is a dump.
Stayed in better hotels much better for less money
Not even worthy of one star

1  Thank malcolmh462
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Being honest, it doesn’t even deserve 1 star.

Me and my fiancé booked in for a night for going to a gig. We weren’t expecting a Radisson, but we weren’t expecting the disgusting hell hole that we got.

The receptionist was extremely rude. She couldn’t be bothered to get out of her chair in the office to greet us properly, and only got up when we said we had a reservation and scoffed while doing so.

That was only the start...

The trip to the room through the hallways revealed a very run down establishment. The wallpaper and carpets looked like they were trying to escape from the building. I would also like to warn that the stairs are an absolute death trap too.

When we got to the room, we were in for a shock.

If you’re a fan of sharing a room with some unidentifiable creature that is the width of a dimpled pint glass and scurries across the floor and hides leaving your future of living uncertain, communal bathrooms that look and smell as if Kim and Aggie from How Clean is Your House wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole, and staff that don’t care at all, stay there.

We swiftly ran out of the room after 10 minutes.

The receptionist didn’t even seem that bothered when we demanded our money back, and we received the same disdain we were greeted with. As soon as we got our refund, we ran out of there trying not to vomit and feeling dirty.

Paid an extra £20 and got a good deal on a Hilton room.

Not even Pennywise the Clown would stay there! It’s not an exaggeration either.

If it hadn’t been for the creature, we would’ve sucked it up. However, I’m five months pregnant, and we were risking nothing.

Also, I found it laughable that we could see 2-3 cleaners around the hotel, but nothing looked remotely clean.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This hotel is ok for the price you are paying. We stayed in this hotel for one night as we were heading to Isle of sky and wanted to take some rest in Glasgow after a drive from Coventry. Staff is helpful and available 24hrs for any help you need. Breakfast is included in the price and there are many options available in breakfast menu. There is no lift in the hotel. Tea/coffee was available in the room. Free WIFI

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family