“Lunch and treat”
Review of Nardini

Nardini
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in St Andrews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having been here many times before we were disappointed to be sat waiting 15 mins for our order to be taken, everything felt rushed and lacking in attention to service. Our meat and cheese platter with olives which we usually order had no cheese, couldn’t flag anyone down to query as understaffed. The real point of the visit was to treat our daughter to an ice cream sundae which we were told at the end of lunch that they no longer do. No longer worth £30 odd pound for lunch #nolongerspecial sorry.

1  Thank Hoganpepe

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Living in St Andrews we have visited this ice cream parlour from time to time. Today we arrived just before 5 pm to find most of the tables were dirty and covered in used crockery. There were 'reserved' signs on many of these tables which we discovered were to prevent customers sitting in although the closing time is supposed to be 6pm.
We sat down and as no one came to serve us we went up to the ice cream counter and placed our order. There was a choice of around 6 flavours instead of the usual vast variety and they had run out of cones! We were given our one small scoop in a tub, costing £2.20. There was still no effort made to clear the dirty plates from our table - in fact one of the employees stood nearby waiting for us to finish.
Disappointing does not come close to how I felt! Shocking service in a shambles of a previously award winning business.

3  Thank Janice M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A treat when visiting St Andrews. Friendly and helpful taffeta and an amazing menu.
Fantastic that your Sundae looks exactly 5he same as it does in the menu, and delicious too, oh yes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a very cold and wet November day so I was thrilled to see Nardinis in St. Andrews as I remember it from Largs.

What better way to warm up than with a nice pot of tea which was lovely.

Now onto the Tiramisu. Nobody has ever been able to make Tiramisu how I like it. Either too bland, or the texture and flavor is wrong. Just average all the way around.

I do not know what the recipe is here or how they make it, but this was the best Tiramisu I ever had. The owner and the wait staff were very friendly even when I was bombarding them with questions.

I will have to try out the other Nardinis, but really do wish they had more restaurants.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When enquiring if we could grab a coffee with my family we were told that “we have no room for your carts” even though the place was empty. He was referring to the two prams we had! He then repeated again in an angry tone as if we had slighted him by even thinking of spending money in his establishment. No empathy or understanding for a family trying to have coffee on a cold day. Avoid!

4  Thank johngreaves461