“Amazing carvery!”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

After god awful visit to Glen Tavern in Dunfermline we left and headed to The Sweet Chestnut for an amazing carvery. The potatoes were fluffy and crispy and the meat slices were generous and tasty. Lovely warm staff with delicious food

1  Thank Angela T
Sweet C, General Manager at Sweet Chestnut, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hi,

We are glad your visit to us was top notch. I will pass on your amazing feedback to my team.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This review is for the lovely server (I think management) Daryl, it was a very pleasant experience and made our time very enjoyable. We had to wait for our food a little bit but he kept us informed and we really appreciated that a lot. Thank you for the amazing deserts.

1  Thank tulamacnab

Hello,

Thank you for your amazing feedback I will certainly pass this onto Daryl.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Carvery server had the worst customer service I've seen. Embarrassed the couple in front of us who mistakenly thought the sausages were part of the carvery. Picked these of the couple's plates once they had finished with the veg section and proceeded to throw them in the bin. A simple mistake by the couple which he made them clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable. Our turn. My wife had the audacity to ask for a different slice of ham to the 50% fat one she had been served, this was met with more scorn and attitude. I had mistakenly thought that my wife had handed over both carvery tickets, so began asking for my order. I was then barked at "one ticket" which he picked up and threw back down on the counter. I asked my wife for my ticket, as she was taking it out her pocket, he was still ranting away. I'd seen and heard enough and told him to forget it. Easily the very worst customer service I have seen and experienced. Although the bar manager apologised and dealt with the refund he allowed this cretin to follow me to the bar and continue arguing. Having read other reviews the customer service here is clearly an issue. I imagine this will continue to be the case as it doesn't seem the management take these cases very seriously. Not usually one to complain but felt genuinely angry with this guys attitude. Won't be back and will urge others not to bother. Go to Tony Macaroni across the road.

1  Thank andrewxgibson05

Hello,

I'm sorry your experience was not up to standard I will look into this personally to make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had a day out in town decided to go for a bite to eat. Was worth paying a visit meal was lovely staff friendly price was fair. Would go again.

1  Thank lesleydunn1

Hi,

We are glad everything was up to standard on your recent visit. I will pass this onto the team.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

The main body of the hotel is separate from the restaurant meaning an outside walk . Fairly standard room everything spic and span beds a bit soft but comfortable two pillows. Extra heating if required . Two bottles of water and complimentary tray. I asked at the bar for extra coffee and this was given . Also required two wineglasses and this was no problem . Room has dark curtains. Toilet facilities for disabled .
Had some food in the evening standard menu prices reasonable . Breakfast would have cost 6 pound but there are so many other venues available and cheaper. Free parking available

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Sweet Chestnut.