“Perfectly reasonable ”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Food, drink and service all exactly as I would expect from this type of restaurant.
I’m not sure what some people expect but we didn’t find anything to complain about.

Sweet C, General Manager at Sweet Chestnut, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for leaving us some feedback our aim is to give our guests great food with good service.

See you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We visited Duloch park to go to the cinema on St Patricks day, which is probably the reason why when we tried to get into a few restaurants in the area they were all filled, with on average 15-30mins waiting times for a table. We did however get a table here at the Sweet Chestnut (there being only 2 of us we were squeezed in). I think if I remembered it was St Patricks day I would of booked a beforehand. We were taken to our table and told to order and pay for our food at the bar. Whilst standing at the bar I did notice a certain person sneaking in past others who had been waiting longer. I think a better system is needed when busy as I had to memorise who was in front of me and who came to the bar after in order to get served in the correct order. The order was taken and I was given a tray to take my drinks back to the table. The food came out shortly after and considering how many people were in the restaurant at that time it was pretty impressive to get the food that quick. I had the fish which tasted really nice, frozen chips though, however they were a good quality chip and cooked perfect. My wife had the rump steak, cooked how she had asked and was served with the same frozen chips as before. Overall a nice meal for the price. The servers were polite and well presented.

1  Thank berglas71
Sweet C, General Manager at Sweet Chestnut, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us some feedback. I will certainly look at better ways to control people sneaking in before others.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice food. Been here loads of times and the drinks and food is good.

Tables are nicely spaced apart - unlike some resturants your pravticly listening to other folks conversations.

Keep it up sweet as ill be back.

1  Thank John S

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to leave us some great feedback. We are glad you enjoy visiting and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Was here on sat 17th March we all had the carvery which was good and great value for money we enjoyed the atmosphere

Hi,

Thanks very much for leaving is some feedback about your recent visit, I'm glad you enjoyed our carvery.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Carvery is very good and cheap! Last time me and my boyfriend were very happy with the food also good quick service

1  Thank CarlyLaing
Sweet C, General Manager at Sweet Chestnut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hello,

Thanks you for leaving us some great feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.