“Not Good For Breakfast”
Review of Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons
Ranked #119 of 210 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We don't have one of these near where we live so during a visit to Dunfermline we decided to take our family for breakfast. Sadly the breakfast did not live up to our expectations, by some way. The bacon, egg and cheese muffin didn't have any egg or cheese, the sausage, egg and cheese muffin only had sausage. Both were sent back and quickly replaced with some additional complimentary Tim Bits. However, the bacon, egg and cheese muffin was missing bacon this time but we couldn't be bothered to argue. The car park was an absolute tip with rubbish, and although this may not be the responsibility of the restaurant, it does not create a good impression.
The drinks and donuts are great, but the overall breakfast experience was very poor and overpriced. We would have had a better experience elsewhere and won't do breakfast here again.

1  Thank TheLocks7

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our first and last visit.
We ordered 2 small Americanos and 2 Granola yogurt pots with berries. After a lot of fumbling with the till and being asked more than once what we had ordered, followed by a game of ‘shuffling receipts’ between the member of staff and the ‘Shift’ manager we were eventually given our change and a receipt. The inept member of staff then went off on what appeared to be a game of ‘hide and seek’, he returned to inform us they didn’t have any berries but we could have it without the berries. We choose to change our order to 2 Breakfast Brioche Buns. The cost of the Granola Pots was returned to us. The staff member then again took on the challenge of the till and and the receipt shuffle with the Shift Manager. We paid for the Breakfast Brioche Buns and off he went on a second round of ‘hide and seek’. He again failed eventually returning to tell us they didn’t have any Brioche Buns, I was waiting for him to say “But you can have the Breakfast Brioche Bun without the... “.

As they still hadn’t poured our coffee we decided to cut our losses ask for our money back and leave. The Shift Manager was very polite and apologetic and said she would address the issues above. There were other issues though - the tables were littered with debris and the rubbish bin was overflowing. One female member of staff had most of her hair across her face and what remained was in curlers under her hairnet but at least if you found her hair in your meal it would be easily identified being one of the many colours of the rainbow.

5  Thank Oldbuffer
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was looking forward to going to this relatively new establishment in Dunfermline and was unfortunately disappointed with the experience. I went with my wife and Grand-daughter on Good Friday to have something to eat. We arrived around 10:15am my grand-daughter had something specific in mind (Vanilla donut with sprinkles). When I went to order they didn't have what it was she'd asked for, in fact they had nothing vanilla flavoured at the time. She settled for a drink only. Not a good start. I ordered the breakfast brioche. When it arrived I opened the package and started to eat - something was missing - no egg. I went to complain and the assistant went to remedy the problem. He came back a few moments later to say that they had run out of eggs but he would make me another with double bacon to compensate. So far so good. 5 minutes later he re-appeared to say that they didn't have any brioche left so he'd put the bacon in a muffin, the upside was that he refunded my money. I sat to eat the proffered sandwich only to discover that not only was there no egg and no brioche this time it didn't have any cheese in it either. I couldn't complain again considering I'd already been refunded but I was quite annoyed at the way the whole transaction had been carried out. I'd like to say that my double bacon muffin was nice but I can't even do that - it was dry.

Having set out looking forward to the visit I found myself vowing to never return. To have run out of so many things by 10:30 in the morning is bordering on complete incompetence by whoever orders their stock. I'd like to finish on a positive note as I don't like criticising without giving some praise but I can't find any saving grace from the experience. How sad!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly place,A busy place . Service quick, staff friendly . Steak and cheese really good , chilli con carne is really good and coffee not bad too. This was my second visit. We will be back

1  Thank TheDaddy186530
Reviewed 20 January 2018

just opened beside us so had to try it out every time i pass it ,it is so busy, very clean plenty people to serve you which is great all young people so a good buss with them

1  Thank pitreavie123