“What a lovely place!”

Mother Murphy's Tearoom
Ranked #2 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Falkirk
Cuisines: Scottish
Description: A traditional Tearoom, serving home cooked food and home baking. Breakfast choices include hot rolls, porridge, teacakes and pancakes. Lunch choices include filled Tasca bread pockets, jacket potatoes, home made soup. Afternoon Teas and a wide range of home baking are always available. Food is served on china crockery accompanied by leaf tea or freshly ground coffee selections. Gluten, wheat and dairy free options - great choice.
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We visited yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The owners are so friendly and genuinely interested in their customers.
Spoilt for choice when ordering gf food. We had pancakes and a scone with lemon curd which were delicious. We took a slice of cake away with us too - again delicious!
Can't recommend Mother Murphy's enough and suggest everyone makes a trip here!
Thanks so much x

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Had a early lunch, full breakfast and cappuccino, friendly staff and good banter with the owner, would recommend this to everyone, hot cappuccino lovely and beautiful breakfast.

Date of visit: May 2017
Debra M, Owner at Mother Murphy's Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank you for your review and hope your breakfast set you up for the day. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my Wife like just driving and coming across tearooms like this wee gem. Fresh food, homemade baked goods and jams, run by great people who will engage for good banter on any topic. Great community spirit. Not many of them around these days, so worth the visit. Just how tearooms should be

Date of visit: May 2017
Debra M, Owner at Mother Murphy's Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. Yes, we do like a bit of chat don't we. Your last sentance, "just how tearooms should be" fills me with pride. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I recently found out I am allergic to dairy products. I've spent the last 4 weeks looking for food that I can eat, which has had me truly beaten and feeling sorry for myself. A friend commented on a Mother Murphy's post so I decided to try it. SO happy I did. Eat my first cake in 4 weeks and I learnt so much more by talking to the lovely people in here than I have using google. This will now become my regular cafe as I don't need to second guess anything, every thing I can eat is very clear to see.

Date of visit: April 2017
Debra M, Owner at Mother Murphy's Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Glad you have found us and that we can cater for you dairy free diet. Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent choice and GF knowledge. Make their own GF cakes and bread. Good knowledge on cross contamination risk - we will be back. It's small so might be a wait when busy but if Coeliac you'll struggle to find better for a breakfast/lunch stop.

Date of visit: April 2017