“Good coffee”
Review of Caffe Nero

Caffe Nero
Ranked #5 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Falkirk
Reviewed 30 May 2018

A nice spot to sit outside. Good wifi. Fast service. The cappuccino was the consistent quality I have come to expect from Caffe Nero.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Cant thank the staff as they are so helpful. Im diasbled and the gwntleman that served me helped to my table with the tray. THANK YOU ALL

1  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I’m out all the time and like good service but the guy serving kept on trying to upsell and I specifically said no cream on a hot chocolate got it anyway and got charged but I didn’t want to make a fuss so just paid . The guy thought he was funny with wise cracks but he wasn’t . Won’t be back not my kind of thing. I go in expected to be served what I order if I want anything else I’ll order it please don’t try and upsell by going over all the items for sale

1  Thank alfromlarbert
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I decided to try Caffé Nero for lunch while shopping in Falkirk High Street. She had been before for coffee, which she said was really good. It’s open between 8 am and 6 pm, and (for info) it serves an all-day continental-style breakfast.

First impressions were positive: gentle lighting in a largish space, with a mixture of comfy armchairs with low tables and dining chairs with higher tables, plus booth seating at the back. Background music wasn’t loud, an unusual sequence of 40s and 50s jazz, vocal and instrumental.

A well-varied range of paninis, tostati (toasted sandwiches) and sandwiches were all on display next to the counter, with a good range of pastries on the counter itself. Soup is available on order, biscuits and sweet and savoury snacks. A wide range of coffees is on offer – despite some other reviewers’ comments, in our view they’re not over-expensive and turn out to be of very good quality.

The overall ambience aims for something of a rural Italian village café, with lots of large photos of groups of older men, small cars and streets all around the walls. The customers were mostly middle-aged and older, but also some families with small children. It’s a nice spot to read a book over coffee, and equally good for a business lunch, which three customers were having near us – the café has a warmer, more local or ‘one-off’ ambience than most other chain shops like Starbucks or Costa.

Two members of staff were behind the counter: a barista and a trainee. Both were very friendly and very competent. My wife ordered a Mushroom and Mascarpone tostato melt, with a cappuccino; I ordered a Chicken, Bacon and Mozzarella tostato melt with breakfast tea. We also purchased a pack of ground coffee for home – its price is comparable to the higher-end ground coffee packs in supermarkets.

The tostati had well-balanced fillings, and were well toasted, not over-cooked. The cappuccino was really good and the tea was fine. I’ve started on the pack of ground coffee at home and it’s really lovely – warm, rich with a great balance of sweet and bitter. Some supermarkets sell Costa and Starbucks coffee, but I haven’t seen Caffé Nero coffee on sale before – may have missed it.

Overall, Caffé Nero Falkirk was a very good experience; we left feeling very happy to return. It succeeds in its aims very well, which is what I base a rating on, so 5 stars.

3  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I went early one morning with a friend for a quick catch up and a coffee. The two members of staff were pleasant enough and appeared to make the coffee as we got ourselves seated, however when I collected it from the counter and took it to our table we found that it was not very hot. I had an Americano and she had a latte and feel the price was too expensive for what we got. Will give it a miss in future.