“Lunch”

Johnston's Bar Bistro
Ranked #5 of 189 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Johnston's Bar - Bistro Open 7 days a week from 9:30am Large comfortable family friendly lounge, modern contemporary spacious bar & mezzanine restaurant Fresh coffee and loose tea with freshly baked cakes to sit in or take away, Breakfast, Freshly prepared food served daily along with a large selection of wines from around the world, local craft beers and world beers, spirits & soft drinks.
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very tasty flat iron steak , dill pepper and Monterrey Jack Baguette. We were alerted to preparation time and it was worth waiting for.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Not being familiar with eateries in Falkirk I consultated Tripadvisor. I based my choice on a) the Sample Menus on the restaurant facebook page, though not what was on offer when we were seated and b) the proximity to the show venue. I called 7 days in advance and booked a table for 3 at 17:45 for the following Saturday evening, on the afternoon of our booking I called to add a 4th person, the member of staff who dealt with my call was both pleasant and accommodating.
When we arrived the place was very busy, we were warmly welcomed and shown straight to our table presented with the menu's including the Days Specials and asked if we'd like to order a drink. The drinks duely arrived and the food order was taken by a charming young man. The starters arrived in a timely manner and without going in to great detail, they were well presented and everyone enjoyed what they had chosen. The mains were a little slow in arriving, but we made allowances for how busy the place was and our waiter did not only apologise for they delay but kept us updated. When the mains arrived they were again well presented, the food was warm and the portions were good, again everyone enjoyed what they had chosen. Unfortunately due to the minor delays we did not have time for dessert or coffee.
All in all the food was tasty and good value, the service we received was very good and the atmosphere was also good. If I ever have to eat in Falkirk again I would certainly give Johnston's Bar Bistro serious consideration. The slight negative is it's in a pedestrianised area and last Saturday it was raining.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Had an early dinner here the other evening. The food was fantastic loved the wee kelpies starter. The main courses was great too.

The place was mobbed even though we were in early (6pm) so always a good sign. Great atmosphere and the service was good.

My biggest surprise was at the end of the meal when the bill arrived. As we were booked before 7pm a discount was applied to the bill make this an even better experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Friendly young staff unable to cope with an averagely busy Sunday lunch.
Food ok but it shouldn't take 30 mins to serve a special, followed by another 30 mins for a cold sweet to a solo diner.
Fortunately I wasn't in too much of a hurry but I didn't have time to speak to anyone in charge.
Roast dinner fairly tasty with generous serving of beef but mix of lukewarm veg and meat, warm gravy and searingly hot potatoes, as my burnt tongue testified.
Think this is down to the manager on duty keeping an eye open - or not on this occasion!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Good value and good food. Friendly staff and good service. Good variety in the menu, something for everyone’s taste. Friendly atmosphere.