“Great food, lovely staff”
Review of Phuket Pavilion

Phuket Pavilion
Ranked #272 of 2,775 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 53
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Outstanding quality of Thai food with a nice selection of starters and main courses. The pleasant ambiance and décor invites you right in.
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We decided to visit this restaurant on a recent stay in Edinburgh after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and I have to say we're so glad we did!

I booked the table via the website and almost instantly had a reply to confirm the booking. The restaurant was absolutely lovely, with very friendly and polite staff. The food was delicious and quite big portions compared to other Thai restaurants I've been to.

Would definitely recommend and will revisit whenever I next stay in Edinburgh!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

we visited on the 20-01-2018 it was extremely busy at 18:30 but we were greeted with a smile and shown to our table the tables are a little close but not overly. the decor is a little dated but the food was amazing

although we arrived just before the 6:30 booking we were still given the pre theatre menu it finished at 6:30 this menu was a fantastic value

i have never had thai before but will be again our guests in our party had visited before we enjoyed so much we will be booking our parents a table on Friday the 1st Feb and we ourselves hope to return on the 2nd Feb

the staff were a little eager to strip the table while other people at the table were still eating i presume the table would be booked later in the evening

we all had different starters and different main courses each being cooked with care and attention using fresh ingedients

our table cost us £70 for the meal and we left a £10 tip as we enjoyed it so much

many thanks Phuket Pavillion we will be back in a fortnight

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I always eat here whenever in Edinburgh (4-5 times in the past 2 years), the food is always delicious. The pre-theatre offers good value for money and has a good selection to choose from. Would advise booking as pre-theatre seems to be the busiest time. Very handy if you are seeing a show at the Playhouse as it is a short walk away. I have no issues with the service as I have seen other reviewers have had. Staff seemed friendly to me. Can't wait to go back!

Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hello, A big big thank you for your lovely comments which helped to restore faith in our team after some unjustified criticzing reviews, which were not brought to my or the staff s attention and leaves a doubt in my mind.
I look forward to seeing you again in due course but until then, my sincere thanks for passing on your kind thoughts and the time to do so.

Kind Regards
Bill

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We had a take-away - a green thai curry, a red one and some noodles, food was really tasty, staff were friendly, this is my second visit and do fully recommend it.

Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your feed back and kind comments. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit .
It is so reassuring to receive good honest feed back and be told that customers have enjoyed the occasion.
I look forward to seeing you again in due course but until then, my sincere best wishes to each and everyone.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Booked here for dinner before going to the Playhouse. Ordered from the pre theatre menu which had a good selection of choices to chose from. Could not fault the meal, it was well presented and tasted lovely. Very reasonable prices as well for the pre theatre meal. Staff welcoming and friendly. Would definitely recommend. Plus restaurant a 2 minute walk from Playhouse.