“Excellent base to visit Edinburgh”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Blair 2

Very good
Hallways
Hallways
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
Expeditio...
“Excellent base to visit Edinburgh”
Reviewed 7 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Excellent stay! After Blair 1, we have tried Blair 2. Again, a very clean, comfortable and well-equipped flat, right down to the welcome little extras provided like umbrellas available for guests’ use. An ideal base for visiting Edinburgh, the accommodation is located on direct bus routes to both the city centre and the airport. If you do have a car as we did, there are no problems to find a parking spot nearby. The owners, Charles and Elissa, were very friendly, helpful and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. Would definitely recommend this flat.

Pathfinde...
“I would never stay here again...”
Reviewed 17 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

The reason I wouldn't stay here again is the parking is rubbish... it's on a main
Road and you can't park out side you have to go round the streets looking for a place to park... The master bedroom radiator did not work and we had to go to the shop and buy a heater... the window in the living room was difficult to open and close and left a draft... the hot water kept going off so we had to boil the kettle to wash the pots.... the cupboard in the hall way stunk of damp we couldn't even put anything in there. they also took £100 out of the cleaning bond saying we had an extra person .... when you have kids all these problems aren't good... would not recommend this place

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Jan 2018
Unfortunately, I have been expecting this review it was inevitable. You were caught by a member of your groups admission and myself witnessing, that an extra person was staying at the flat. You yourself after you left agreed that an extra person had stayed.
At this flat the price is dependent on how many guests stay and this is why Holiday Lettings require you to fill in the “No of people staying” accurately.
I immediately pointed this out to you and you seemed to accept it by your response. I asked you to leave the extra money and you did not object.
After your departure I discovered you had not been good to your word and had not left the money. I asked holiday lettings to review the matter and after viewing all our correspondence decided that I was within my rights to receive the money due and accordingly they only refunded your damage deposit partially.
As you will see all my reviews are 4 or 5 stars, so I feel that your comments have been clouded by the fact you had been caught with an extra person. The flat is situated on a main road but off street free parking is a mere 20 yards away, so not far. With regard to the cupboard in the hall. I am unsure why you would have been using this as it houses cleaning equipment, iron, ironing board and an extra bed not much room for guest’s things. However, if the wardrobes are not big enough there is a very large empty cupboard in the living room. The smell I believe may have been the mop.
The radiator has been checked in the flat and no problem has been found. Again, you were asked at the time about the heating and an offer to come round was made. You said heating was fine (maybe you didn’t want me to see how many people were there) I have never had a problem with the window but unsure why you were opening if you were cold. The hot water is on a timer and has always worked.
In conclusion if you had told the truth from the beginning about an extra person staying I am sure we could have come to some sort of agreement. I am sorry you felt you had to leave this negative review after all the help I gave you answering all your many questions before your arrival. I can only suggest that in future you always complete the number of people staying accurately and you may not find any problems with your accommodation.
mariz_dan
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Blair 2 weekend stay”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The property was clean and as advertised. No problem at all and transport nearby to city centre was good. Would stay again.

2 Oct 2017
Hope to see you again soon
LindaP509...
“Spacious Retreat”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This was just as promised. Charles was waiting for us when we got into town and the flat was close to restaurants, a bus stop, and a grocery store. I would recommend it to my friends. It is on the third floor which isn't usually a problem. However, one of our members expectantly ended up on crutches so the stairs were a challenge for her.

24 Aug 2017
So glad everything was as promised.The flat which is on the second floor would I'm sure of been perfect for your friend if she hadn't unfortunately hurt herself en route. If we had known in advance we could of recommended our ground floor flat which is 5 minutes away. As you say you will recommend this to your friends which is the biggest compliment you could pay us. So glad you enjoyed Edinburgh.
Wander303...
“Excellent Flat”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Great location on bus route, tesco nearby and some take aways. Flat very spacious and perfect for our 4 day stay.

24 Aug 2017
You have covered it all. Thank you for taking the time to leave us 5 stars. It means a lot!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing