“good experience”

Novotel Edinburgh Park
Ranked #69 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It was my third night in England trip with my family(elder people). I booked for 4 rooms with standard room quite big enough for 2 person. I enjoyed my time at hotel. The staff at Bar (bar supervisor) is helpful to freeze my cool pack.
The bathroom is so modern, there is a remote. I didn't expected that it is a switch.
Buffet line is great. The only thing is I request for cotton but you don't have this kind of service for guest, evenmore, the lady at front gave me a sanitary bag.

by the way, I would be travelling there when I have a chance.....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerNovotelEP, Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thanks for your review of our hotel, hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Booked 3 nights and prepared to pay a little more (£250) for use of a pool/gym and nicer surroundings. Room was fine but the pool/gym was totally closed the first night. Also was annoyed to be told about extra charges for wifi access when my booking confirmation said I had a "superior room with internet access, broadband connection" Worse was that reception did not recognise that most hotels offer free wifi now and said there was nothing they could do due to new owners.
Had one meal in the restaurant and they managed to serve a rubbery omelette and undercooked chips for £9.
I will avoid Novotel if they are all like this.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your review of the hotel. The gym/pool area was closed on the night in question due to a flood in the basement. At Novotel we do not offer free WiFi at present.
Hope you will consider returning in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My Dad and I stayed here last April 3-5 to tour Scotland. I think we had a double room or something. It's located outside the city center. The hotel is convenient since it's near the train station (some 5 minute walk), near Tesco, Poundland, etc. which were right across the train station. There was a wide variety of food to choose from for breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms were nice and huge! There was a flat LCD TV that was movable so that you can have a good view of the TV wherever you are in the room. The bed, which my Dad occupied, was big and comfortable but I chose to sleep in the sofa since it was equally comfortable. There's a safety box, minibar, iron and lots of hangers! The shower was easy to use and you can even set the temperature of the water!

The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that to get a free wifi, you have to go down the ground floor to use the big Mac computer and access the net.

1  Thank Clarence B

Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had booked elsewhere for a wedding package, but were unable to add a day on to it, so stayed here for the first night and then moved to the other hotel.
We used up Vouchers from our A-Club points to pay for the stay. When I got to the Reception Desk, I found out that my wife had already decided to take advantage of an offer and upgrade to an Executive room on the 5th floor for £25 (Bigger room, free wifi - 2 machines you need a password for each m/c - and a Real Coffee machine with pods, and other items)
Could not fault service from reception.
We didn't use the swimmimng pool but it was certainly in use by guests.
It was a mistake moving to the next hotel. It would have been better staying here, for, roughly, the same price.
We had a minor problem - it was quickly resolved

1  Thank eLaReF

Thanks for your kind review, hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Arrived slightly early here at this hotel one friday afternoon. 10 minutes train journey from Edinburgh Waverley. Easy to find from Edinburgh park station just across the road. Thevfreibliet most helpful staff. Every staff member said hello ,whether it be in the lift corridor where ever. Room was spacious clean boutique modern. Lovely leisure centre with gym pool and jacuzzi. The breakfast was hot plentiful and tasty. I stayed here for a flight from Edinburgh the next day.

Although none of the staff were English there language and manners were top class. I felt valued and welcome. I would reccomend a stay here , even for a chill out time, great views from my room of the hills and Scottish country side. Near by is telco currys pound land a mountaineering shop, and other large retail outlets. My only disappointment was no airport bus link from here, Edinburgh taxi cost 12 pounds for the very short distance to the airport.

I would stay here again out of the city but close on the train easy reach by frequent train services. Thank you Edinburgh park thank you Novotel x

Room Tip: Get a high room at the back for great views of the hills .