See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked two apartments here just last month for a hen party and both were fantastic in location and lovely inside. Handover to the appartments was fine but they forgot to mention that we were not aloud out the back after 10pm at night and the information sheet in the appartment was in a cupboard and we could not find it. therefore we were fined for noise as there were a few people smoking. This was a hen do and we were all in bed by midnight which i think is very reasonable. i have no complaints other than it was not dealt with in a very professional way, I had paid a £200 deposit before arriving to cover any damage to the properties and only £185 was returned to me, no email/phone call to say why or what they were going to be doing. I had to phone the landlord numerous times to eventually receive an email as to why they had removed £15. This was nothing to do with inner city lets who put me in contact with the landlord( they were fab and couldn't ask for more) .let down in the end and slightly ruined the trip but still had a good time in edinburgh and at the races.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
sarah o, Manager at Albany Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

To any potential guests reading this post, I would like to respond to this review to explain the situation.

Firstly I would like to thank the reviewer for her honesty regarding the apartments. They are clean, spacious and located in the heart of the City Centre.

The young guest was ask on several occasions to keep the noise in the apartments to a minimum as we have a good relationship with our neighbours and would like to maintain this. The guest was also warned that her deposit would be lost if any complaints were received. I took a phone call and a very angry e-mail from our neighbours complaining about the noise.

We do not discriminate at Albany Street Apartments, therefore do not allow hen groups to bend the rules just because "they are a hen party". The reviewer suggests that I should otherwise.

I tried to be kind and charge the group £15 from the deposit for having to send an employee to the apartment to warn them about the noise, only for the reviewer, after check out, sending me constant threats of a bad review unless I credit the £15 back.

I feel I have been very fair in this situation and my kindness of not with holding the full deposit totally back fired.

To any potential guest reading this, I urge them to read the previous review written by a large group staying in an other of our apartments on the same weekend.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was there last weekend with a group of 9 girls as a city base for going to Musselburgh races. We all had a fantastic time, it was a lovely, clean apartment in a great central location and we would definitely book again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at 35b with friends at the end of jan 2014, there were 7 of us aged 35-40ish ;-). The apartment was absolutely lovely and suited our needs perfectly. Beds were very comfortable, and the lounge had enough sofas for everyone to have a soft seat after a nights dancing. The apartment was clean and equipped with everything we needed. I would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone wishing to visit Edinburgh and see the sights as it's only a short walk to the main shopping streets etc. Sarah who runs the Albany St apartments was friendly and made sure our requests were carried out (eg as many single beds as possible). We also ate at the local pub called The Conan Doyle which was a couple of mins walk away which I would also recommend. Had a great weekend !!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phaze100
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in 37B over christmas and it was lovely. The apartment has 3 large double bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen and everything we needed. The wifi was great. Very clean all over the apartment and very spacious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the pictures don't do it any justice. Its very central and we even had a private parking space which was super! We will definitely be back. Would highly recommend!

Mr & Mrs Edrosa

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lashface
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I rented 35b to use as base for my daughters wedding. I needed an apartment with plenty of space for the wedding day preparations.
With 4 double bedrooms, 1 single room, 1 on suite and 1 bathroom this apartment suited our needs perfectly. The apartment is clean, comfortable and well equipped. It's located a few minutes walk from a Tesco Metro, with plenty of other shops restaurants, pubs and cafes close by. The staff were helpful and cooperative. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2013