“An incredible experience”

Cuisines: Scottish, International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food was unlike anything we've had before: inventive, beautiful, perfectly matched and of course delicious. The service was excellent and the staff extremely knowledgeable and personable and their understanding of allergens was also excellent (two of us were gluten/milk free pests). We had a ten course menu. Each dish is small but overall it was extremely filling. It's a very non-pretentious environment - the focus is purely on the food. No, it's not cheap but the price was very fair, I think. Would recommend and we'll be saving for the next visit!

1  Thank chrismZ6408IX

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I haven't reviewed Aizle for a while but I've been going once a month now for some time - that pretty much says it all I think!

Having probably been to Aizle 20+ times since my first visit in 2016 I can honestly say it is every bit as good now as it was then and has been on each an every visit (without exception) - yes, of course I have preferred some dishes over others but that is a function of my preference for certain ingredients and absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the ingredients and the manner in which they are prepared and presented which is, in my view, faultless and right up there with the best.

Why it ranks third on TA and not first is a puzzle to me.

Wonderful food, great team (front and back), wonderful relaxed setting. excellent value for money. Tick, tick, tick, tick.

I have recommended Aizle to lots of friends and family and I have yet to find someone who doesn't agree with me.

If you haven't been yet you don't know what you are missing. GO!

3  Thank Paolo A
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Outstanding bistro just outside the centre of town. The food was sumptuous and expertly prepared; the service informal and friendly and unstuffy; the ambience was relaxed. It is a set menu at £55 per person; my wife is pescatarian and she was delighted with the care that went into her dishes. I was the duty driver so I had soft drinks, I tried their home-made kombucha; when I asked about how it was made, the staff were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We bumped into friends at the restaurant and just before they left we compared notes as to which was our favourite of the many courses - it was very difficult to choose as it was all so varied and delicious! We agreed that this was our favourite ever dining experience, beating Michelin starred restaurants.

2  Thank Ben R
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Weren’t sure what we were in for, but happy to say we loved every last bit of this meal on our visit to Edinburgh this weekend......thank you !

1  Thank adrianbellamy
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After seeing how highly Aizle was rated on trip advisor and in food journals, we were extremely excited to final try.

I love the idea of the constant changing menu laid out as a list on ingredients - Asif to the intrigue and putting full faith in the head chef and team in the kitchen.

We had the matching wines which started with a delightful gin and tonic with Aizle’s own tonic syrup.

The food was top notch with great creativity in each dish.

Would highly recommend Aizle for all of those with an open mind and willing to try new food.

1  Thank Andy S