Tantallon Place Bed and Breakfast
US$ 246
US$ 225
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 76
HolidayInn.com
US$ 319
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We spend 3 weeks in Scotland and rent a room in 11 B & B. But no doubt : this was the best of all.
I stayed with me partner 2 nights in a hugh, very clean bedroom in june 2011.
Already before arriving, Mike mailed me the way to follow to the B&B.
Tantallon is very well situated, only 20 minutes walk trough the park to the Royal Mile and other points of intrest.
The welcoming is superb. Mike and Anne prepared amazing Scottish breakfasts with fresh fruit. The dressing of the dishes is wonderfull.
Mike and Ann have for every question an answer, for every problem a solution; these excellent hosts are very very helpfull.
Tantallon has a private car park ,extreme usefull in the center of town.
OUTSTANDING B&B and hosts.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank idesbald d
Reviewed 7 November 2011

When I first called to book our room I knew I would enjoy my stay as Mike was so lovely on the phone. From that good start our experience didn't falter. We were up for a wedding at the zoo so were bound to have fun, but Ann and Mike's hospitality really made it a special trip, from the extensive variety of breads and gorgeous homemade products at breakfast to the sheer warmth of their hospitality. A lovely, warm and happy house and one I hope to visit again. Just sorry it took me so long to get round to writing this!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed at Tantallon Place in Edinburgh for 5 nights in September and could not have been more satisfied. Mike and Ann, our hosts, made us feel at home in their charming B & B located 10 to 15 minutes walk from the Royal Mile. The breakfasts offered great variety and Mike took great pride in his morning fruit presentation. Mind you, the fruit was just the beginning to a full Scottish breakfast. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Searching the internet for a good B & B at a reasonable price takes time and it is not often that the choice one makes surpasses expectations. I would venture to say that 99% of those staying with Mike and Ann at Tantallon Place will say that they have made an excellent choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clyde33
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I hate writing a rave review ecause it means we will never be able to get back there, so it was rubbish. I hate having a superb, well appointed room, attentive hosts who cannot do enough for you but still give you your space, delicious comprehensive breakfasts that make you skip lunch and excellent access to the city and all the sights. The property is immaculately clean and we were serenaded at breakfast from the 'piano lounge'. Personally, it was a wonderful introduction to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: The front double room is large and bright, with a massive bed and floor to ceiling wondows. Didnt see the other room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adsnape
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Any time we are in Edinburgh, this is our first choice of where to stay. Mike and Ann are such welcoming hosts--enthusiastic and warm. We love the double room overlooking the garden but they also have a bigger room at the front which might suit you better if you're planning a stay of more than one or two days. They have thought of everything for an enjoyable stay and their breakfasts are delicious. Better than any hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple