1,935 results
All reviews continental breakfast andrews square balcony room great location scottish theme tram stop tea and coffee cold meats rooms are small central location rose street top floor yogurt christmas market waverley station royal mile reception area
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We had a queen bed which was comfortable but left little room to move around. But to be honest we were just there to sleep. The room was clean and well maintained. The staff were super friendly and eager to please. The breakfast was continental and had enough to satisfy us. Just make sure you look at the time chart for the best time to eat!
They have a small bar and restaurant that serves food as well.
Overall a pleasant stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick H, Manager at Ibis Styles Edinburgh Centre St Andrew Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Smoltman,

I was glad to see that overall you have a pleasant stay in our hotel. Hope to see you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My first time staying at an Ibis Styles brand and this hotel in Edinburgh will ensure it won't be the last time. Friendly welcoming staff whisked me through check in and explained the facilities.
I'd booked a 'Works' room which I'd highly recommend. Large comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and the best bit, behind floor to ceiling windows and bi-fold door, a lovely wrap round balcony which was great for morning coffee overlooking St Andrew Square. Even better was that this room was on the top floor and so well soundproofed, that I wasn't disturbed once in the 3 nights I stayed.
I was there for the Fringe Festival and understandably the free breakfast was incredibly busy, as staff struggled to keep up with the throughput of guests. Perhaps a few more staff recruited to help out at this inevitably busy time would have helped.
Having stayed at and enjoyed several of the 5* Edinburgh hotels in the past, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this well located hotel. It definitely punches above its weight !

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear steve b,

Thank you for leaving us with such a positive review following your stay in our hotel. I was very pleased to see that you would highly recommend us to others visiting the city and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights during fringe festival. Lovely and quiet at night, very comfortable bed, air conditioned, hugely helpful and friendly staff, breakfast slightly limited but decent continental spread, very central in the best part of edinburgh (Next to George Street), check-in process a bit congested, bar area could be larger. Overall - well worth a stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick H, Manager at Ibis Styles Edinburgh Centre St Andrew Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Sandy K,

Thank you for leaving us with a review of your stay in our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the various aspects of your stay, especially the helpful staff ;)
I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed one night. Large room. Friendly staff. Continental breakfast, good selection of food and plenty being brought out. Some short stay parking across the road. Good central location. Enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for leaving us with a review of your stay in our hotel. I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us and I hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a perfect stay. I wasn't expecting much as it's only 3* but the hotel was spotlessly clean with great facilities. The bed was comfortable and clean towels given every day. The breakfast was lovely with great choice and there were free drinks in dining area all day. The staff were friendly and helpful, check in and out was fast and hassle free. The hotel is in the perfect location, close to the train station. We walked everywhere apart from to the zoo. The bus to the zoo stops right outside the hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Nikki B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely complementary review!
It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us and that you would highly recommend our hotel to others visiting the our city.
We will hope to see you again in the future.