All reviews yogurt haymarket train station place to stay three rooms princes street sitting area rooms are spacious bed and breakfast quiet street minute walk edinburgh castle city centre breakfast was amazing each morning spent nights fantastic stay two night stay
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have a home in Edinburgh now. That is how I feel after staying in this wonderful place. I stayed in the Caledonian room, which was huge, along with a huge bathroom. Well appointed, and close to trams that take you to the airport and city center. Aileen, the host, however, is the reason I would come back. She is warm and friendly, makes you feel totally comfortable, is great with tips and things to do, and whips up an amazing breakfast. I had a day tour and she had helpfully packed me a box of fruit and a to-go breakfast, which I enjoyed. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Arun K
Reviewed 22 March 2017

The place was very clean, great little details and care from the hostess. Aileen makes you feel at home and always taking care of you. We got lovely muffins daily and lovely breakfast (a lot included). We would have liked a bath instead of a shower.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla C
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Aileen really is the most amazing host. The guest house is an extension of her home and family values. We stayed in the Africa themed room, it is bigger than my first flat! A lovely family room with a sofa in it. Aileen makes a mean breakfast, all top quality ingredients. It will be my first choice for my next Edinburgh visit.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

The Victorian townhouse was like a home away from home. It is very warm and cosy, the owner Aileen was very friendly and helpful with how to get about with info about bus stops and bus numbers as we were going to the zoo and weren't sure how to get there. The breakfast was lovely with fresh fruit and cooked breakfast (plus toast and cereal) and she would give us mince pies or muffins to take with us each day. We definately made the right decision staying there.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank born2bepink
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We loved this B&B. Only three rooms, very spacious. Comfortable and hostess Aileen was so great. The location is near the Haymarket Train station, where the bus from the airport also lets you out. Easy to get around Edinburgh especially if you like to walk. We did take a city bus twice but walked mostly.Very quiet neighborhood. Too easy to sleep in! Breakfasts are incredible. Food for an army. And delicious. Held us all day.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed fine. All are quiet. You do have to go up and down steps to get to the garden level.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple