“Double Dead with Katie”

City of the Dead Tours
Ranked #61 of 230 Tours in Edinburgh
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: These walks are designed by best selling historical author and award winning novelist J A Henderson. "The best of Edinburgh’s ghost tours" – Lonely Planet Guide. Combining history, humour and horror, the walk ends inside the Covenanter’s Prison in a locked section of a 16th century cemetery. This is the lair of the "McKenzie Poltergeist," the best-documented paranormal case in history. "Puts the city's other ghost tours in the shade"- Edinburgh Evening News
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing and very creepy tour. Katie was very informative and interesting, she was good at also providing some comic relief when getting a bit freaked out. She seemed very sincere and honest throughout the tour which is a great attribute to the company. Nothing thankfully happened on our tour group but I'm not complaining haha because the tension and apprehension was scary enough and provided just the right level of thrills so I didn't feel like I needed an exorcism at the end lol. Great fun and both very thrilling and interesting. Thanks so much. Will deffo come again!

1  Thank Gem A
"a great story teller"
in 21 reviews
"tour group"
in 24 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner attended the 10pm double dead tour last night. Katie, our tour guide was brilliant. Really enjoyed ourselves!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went on the haunted graveyard tour on Tuesday night.Gerry our tour guide was very funny and informative he had a very unique style. Bring good footwear as the Graveyard can be muddy and slippy it was pouring with rain when we visited. He told the stories in a very factual and realistic way, he didn't sugarcoat anything. Overall well worth going on this tour to learn of the tragic past this area has.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we met our guide at St. Giles Cathedral (not really a cathedral but it's a long story and I don't have time to go into it) I knew that we were in for a massive treat. His name was Gerry (with a G) and he was hilarious and such a great guy to joke on with. I have met tour guides in the past who grow annoyed if their audience make jokes or try and make them laugh but Gerry was fantastic. (Imagine an even cooler David Tennant if possible.) The tour itself was fantastic due to this guide, he was passionate and well read which I appreciated, putting a great spin on the tour and the stories which surrounded the Graveyard thankfully rushing past the story of Bobby which we'd heard a thousand and ten times. Overall the tour to me at least was chilling due to the tragedy of the history and the sadness and distress caused on the grounds. I should point out that we only did the Graveyard Tour as we did the Underground last year with Merkat tours but this if possible blew that away. Thanks for a great night Gerry, we will be back to do this again next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went on the 3 p.m. Underground City of the Dead Tour on March 29th and it was fabulous! Our guide was highly knowledgeable about the history of the area and shared with us some stories that really changed our view of the area/time. There were no gimmicks or people jumping out at you (which I appreciate). This was a straightforward tour that shared the story of the underground vaults and its unfortunate uses. It was fascinating and the tour guide was a wealth of knowledge. Highly recommended!

1  Thank CIS_Traveller1