2,924 results
All reviews royal mile great location ironing room central location train station short stay reception staff fringe festival bed was very comfortable top floor definitely stay here again princes street tea and coffee arthur's seat haggis yogurt castle
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Being on South Bridge I'd have to say the approach to the hotel is pretty unprepossessing, But this is a really nice hotel in the modern style. There's 21st century checking in - done either online or via ipad-toting lobby staff. Check in was quick and easy and then off to our room on the 7th floor.

The room was bright and clean with a good pod-like bathroom with walk-in shower. Bed was comfortable, and the room had aircon which worked really well. Although our room actually looked onto South Bridge - a busy street - we couldn't hear any street noise at all, which is a boon, since my wife is a very light sleeper.

Breakfast was fine (and busy), a nice bar-breakfast room with plenty of choice of hot or cold breakfast on offer.

This hotel was a really pleasant surprise: I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room tip: Upper floors at the back are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dogbertd
Mikhail M, FRONT DESK at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Dogbertd,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Edinburgh South Bridge hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I am writing this review at 2am. There is absolutely no chance of sleep, my room is situated above a thumping nightclub. I am here on a business trip and need to be up early. I carry earplugs with me but they are no use with noise of this magnitude.
One good thing, it has driven me to write my first ever trip advisor review...I just wish I read the one star reviews for this hotel before booking!
So please take my advice, unless you are planning to be out all night in the night clubs avoid avoid avoid this hotel!
This is the nightclub, taken from my room window. La belle angele, ridiculous, there must surely be rules about noise in proximity to a hotel? If the hotel can’t do anything about it they should shut the rooms facing the nightclub down as they are not fit for purpose!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank kingdong34

Dear kingdong34:

Thank you so much for your review.

I apologise for the level of noise you experienced at the hotel. We are currently looking for a solution regarding the noise disturbance from the night club.
We are sorry we were not alerted to the inconvenience caused on the night of your stay, as we would have moved you to a quiet room on the other side of the hotel. Our hotel can offer different types of room depending on your particular preferences and we try to do our best to accommodate our guests appropriately.
This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally at 0131 292 0000 or H8484-FO@ACCOR.COM.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 August 2018

For me value for money, cleanliness and LOCATION are at the top of the list and so this hotel scores on all three. I feel you need to be very near the Royal Mile to get the best out of the Festival. We had a full day going to shows and went back to our hote and had a rest for an hour and left to walk to tthe Tattooo 40 minutes before the start of the performance and we were in plenty of time.We left the Tattoo and within 10 minutes we were in our hotel while others were struggling to get coaches, buses and trains. PARKING was no problem for us. It was a 10 minute walk away but at £10 per 24 hours it was a bargain and there is space in front of the hotel for loading and unloading luggage. Thank you IBIS

Room tip: We had a room that had a view up to Hunter’s Square and the Royal Mile.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lesley T,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge.

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another journey with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I was very satisfied with my stay. I had a small problem with my room but was immediately assisted. Rooms are nice and clean. The position is ideal: you can walk to all the main attractions of the city.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 328matteo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review of your stay at the Ibis Edinburgh South Bridge hotel.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Is an ok type place. Very laid back and breakfast meals were very average.
Rooms were hotel style, bed and very small shower.
We were on the 9th floor overlooking the mile. Good views.
They have interconnecting glass passageways each floor with a small sitting area in. Good for viewing and getting some sun.
Two bars, well one is a cafe.
Close to Edinburgh castle.
No parking at hotel. A real bother to get to parking, you need patience.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mikhail M, Front Desk at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear TravelQld,

It has been an absolute pleasure to read this great review of your stay with us at IBIS Edinburgh Centre South Bridge and we really appreciate that you took the time to write and share it with us.

We would like to consider all aspects to create an environment for our guests that fulfil all their wishes as much as possible for a perfect holiday.

It is nice to know that you felt so comfortable with us and that have chosen to share that fact with others and we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,