2,848 results
All reviews royal mile great location ironing room central location train station comfortable bed short stay reception staff fringe festival top floor definitely stay here again reception area princes street stayed here for one night arthur's seat haggis tea and coffee
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Ok it was during The Fringe and the Edinburgh Tattoo so prices are going to be higher, but really this hotel is just an over priced Travelodge. Ideally placed in the centre of Edinburgh, but the 'Reception Desk' is laughable, a shelf with two foreign staff clicking on apps.
Our double room was clean, comfy but Spartan....one towel, minimal tea and biscuits, one chair and a tiny tv. Extra towels available at Reception! Come on this £185/ night stuff.
To its credit, breakfast was good.....plenty of choice, hot, fresh and regularly replenished.

It's a shame, with a bit more attention to detail, the hotel could be more of a winner.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first before acceptance!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Mikhail M, Front Desk at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Floyd55,
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are very sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Our rooms correspond in size and amenities the Ibis standard. If you miss something during your next stay in your room, please let us know. We are happy to fulfill more wishes, as far as we can. We would be pleased to get a suitable occasion a second chance, so that we can convince you of the quality service of our hotel.

With best regards from Edinburgh

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This is my 5th year running staying at the Ibis South Bridge. It is very conveniently located for Fringe venues.
All staff, as always, are very polite and helpful and I want to give a special mention and thanks to Olga, the reservation co-ordinator for her help, as she went over and above expectations. I had emailed the hotel a few days before to ensure I had a quiet twin room. She allocated us room 624 which was perfect and has told us that a note has been made on my file that we will be allocated that room next year. My emails to her were promptly answered and the one problem we had with the shower gel unit in the bathroom was quickly dealt with.
The breakfast room can get very busy but we normally ate around 9.30-9.45am when it was quieter. Plenty of choice for everyone and food replenished swiftly. You can request eggs cooked differently to the scrambled that is on offer on the hot plate, vegetarian sausage, porridge which is not made clear and I only know through staying here on previous years.
Looking forward to staying at Ibis South Bridge again next year.

Room Tip: Room 624 was excellent position
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear aitchjayes,

Wow what a nice review!
Thank you very much :) I could not be more happier to see my team went out of their way to make your stay even more special and comfortable, and I will make sure to pass them on your feedback.

Thank you again, and we hope to seeing you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Sara Vara – Reception

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Our room was small but clean and very quiet considering we were on the side of a main road. The hotel is really well located, just off Royal Mile. We were staying here in the middle of the Festival so the room was massively overpriced and terrible value for money but I suppose that is the case all over the city in August!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BillieLondon_UK,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area.

With best regards from Edinburgh

Reviewed 9 August 2018

2 mins from royal mile,room clean,2nd day no tea bags or milk left in room, when asked cleaner, no sorry but then decided to go and find some.Could do with more large towels and face towels,not enough for twopersons.Had 9th floor at back, night club was open till 5 am not a lot of sleep,had read this was a problem on another review.Very good breakfast

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at front
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry A

Dear Barry A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I was disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectation, please accept our apologies. I would like to confirm that we are working to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. I hope you gives the opportunity to welcoming you again to our hotel.
Kind regards,
Sara

Reviewed 8 August 2018

central to everything and everything walking distance. great cafes and restaurants around. good breakfast but some waiters ask you to pay extra if you want an Expresso which is not available at the machine. i think this should be changed. Mojitos could have a little more zing to them. would stay again. very friendly staff and room quite confortable

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear AnaPaulaLisboa,
Thank you so much for your review. It is always a pleasure to read nice comments from our guests. I will share your positive feedback with my team as as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Edinburgh South Bridge very soon.
Kind regards,