Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 300
Hotels.com
US$ 187
US$ 439
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 270
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 207
US$ 187
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Holyrood Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 212
US$ 197
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
US$ 123
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 108
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 89
US$ 71
US$ 325
US$ 256
2,599 results
All reviewsroyal milegreat locationironing roomcentral locationtrain stationminute walkcomfortable bedshort stayreception stafftourist attractionstop floorfringe festivaldefinitely stay here againreception areahaggisprinces streettea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our 3 day trip was spoiled by the terrible weather, thankfully the hotel was good.
I thought the reception was a bit weird i prefer someone behind a desk. They was very helpful though. The room was warm which it needed to be as it never stopped snowing. The bed was ok but i found the pillows too high. I loved the fact that if you didnt want your room cleaning you got a £5 voucher for the bar. The food was very good which was a relief because of the weather we didnt want to venture out in the evenings. My only gripe was somewhere nearby had loud music until about 3am. You couldnt hear it all the time the noise seemed to travel with the wind.
The hotel is aboit 15 minute walk ftom old town and castle. The zoo is easy accessable by bus (no31) stop is just oitside. The National History museum is just round corner which was a highlight for me and its free

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Mikhail M, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Joeycoolcake,

Although I am sorry you were not lucky with the Scottish weather ;(, I would like to thank you for your feedback of your stay at Ibis Edinburgh South Bridge.

I appreciate your mention of our £5 discount for food and beverage when you do not want your room to be cleaned. Also, I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking especially to visit the National History museum, it is a great place to visit.

I hope you will be more lucky with the weather on your next journey to Scotland.

Kind Regards,

Tom
Ibis Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When i first came to this hotel it was great and it has a spacious room but unfortunately on the last 2 nights i found out that the housekeeper has been quite cheap in giving out the teas and clean cups in the room. My room is 662 and on the last night i dont know how but there is a "do not disturb" tag at my door and found out that its not from my room. When i entered which is at 4pm the room was not cleaned, no clean towels and when i spoke to the hotel staff he informed me that the room can be cleaned at 6pm (possibly). The morning i greeted the housekeeper but she just gave me an ignorant salty face. Quite surprised that the housekeepers here were not trained on their attitudes/ behavior towards the guests of the hotel. I actually wish to stay at this hotel in the future but after this issue i have to consider other hotels.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mikhail M, Front Office at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ahimsaxavier,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge - Royal Mile. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on h8484-fo@accor.com if you wish to discuss this matter in further details.

Ibis Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a very nice stay at this hotel.On the Monday morning(April2nd) the fire alarm wakened us all up at 6.45am. This was a shock but acceptable.The issue that all the guests had was that no-one let us know that the event was over within a few minutes. The result was guests wandering the corridors wondering if they could go back tio bed.Surely some sort of all clear signal system could be implemented.Only other thing was that room service tried to access our room despite the do not disturb notice. Apart from these minior issues the hotel and staff were good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear stairbroon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience
I was disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectation, please accept our apologies.
I would like to confirm that we are working to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. I hope you gives the opportunity to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Sara - Reception
#IbisEdinburghCentreSouthBridge

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in room 501 and were kept awake until after 3am due to a nearby nightclub and loud drunken revellers. My 5 year old boy and I had travelled all day to Edinburgh and needed a good night's sleep. We definitely didn't get it!
We had to travel the next day and were shattered. Even in our room we could hear people walking past our room and talking never mind the loud music and drunken party animals. My poor little boy was scared and could not sleep and this totally spoiled our time in Edinburgh.
The toilet flush was broken and the air vents came loose when I tried to close them.
I will never stay in another Ibis hotel again. Shame on you Ibis.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Mikhail M, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Calum68,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. We are truly sorry for the experience you have had when you stayed with us, this is not the experience we wish our guests to have. I would really appreciate if you are able to contact me on H8484-FO@accor.com as I would like to see if there is something we can arrange as compensation.

Best regards,