“Great experience ”
Review of Kathy's Knits

Kathy's Knits
Ranked #49 of 206 Shopping in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had such a pleasant time chatting with Kathy. She put a kit together for me to knit a fair isle hat. If you are planning a trip to Edinburgh, put this on your list of yarn shops to visit, you will be happy you did!

Date of experience: May 2018
"shop"
in 7 reviews
"shawl"

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Kathy's Knits was the only yarn store I made it to as it was right in the city ("New" Edinburgh) and didn't require an hour's transport. It's a small shop, but full of local yarns, which was my goal to find. The employee minding the shop was very friendly and helpful.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I raced to this beautiful little yarn store on Saturday, with just 20 minutes left before it closed. The owner answered all my questions about natural fibres and unique yarns I couldn't get in Canada. She let me just wander and touch all the yarn and was available to answer any questions I had. The store was neat and tidy and we'll organized. I found some lovely made for the shop yarn and it's now in my suitcase. The owner was absolutely lovely. I would definitely come back. The selection of only British made yarns is fantastic. The owner is knowledgeable and personable.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2016

When I planned to go to Edinburgh, I already knew what I wanted to bring back as a lasting souvenir: some Scottish yarn to knit a comfy Scottish something. I found this shop online, as no one in our hotel could tell us where we could find the famous material.
The shop is well hidden (had to ask the flower shop accross the street for directions), but the location adds to the cocooning feeling of the place. Tiny but tidy, with lots of colors and beautiful, quality yarns, and an inviting sofa to take a look at the various books. Cathy helped me pick the yarn for a specific pattern, and she also gave me good advices later by email to fix and finish my project.
A very happy experience!