2,624 results
All reviews waverley station cockburn street great location royal mile plug sockets airport bus continental breakfast boiled eggs rooms are basic great shower central location a stones throw christmas market double bed short stay would definitely stay here again shower room
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about this hotel. It is very reasonably priced and in an excellent location. You can take the airport bus to Waverly Bridge and the hotel is just steps away. The staff are friendly. We didn’t have a safe in the room which should be a standard now days. The room is very well laid out for the price. Now days, I like to rate a room for their hair dryers (joking) but this was the first hotel I have stayed in where the hair dryer is better than mine at home. We had the breakfast the first day at it was pretty good. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here on my next visit to this wonderful city!

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank swisscan
206aross, Manager at Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Swisscan

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. We agree, our hairdryers are excellent!

We take on board your comments about the safe and I am pleased to say that we are lucky enough to receive a refurbishment in January, and safes will become standard in all guest rooms after this point.

We hope you will return to the hotel next year to try us again after our makeover!

Kind Regards

Ailsa Ross
Resident Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We loved this hotel. It was within walking distance,( even with heavy suitcases) of Waverly Station. Everything was within walking distance-the Hop on Hop off bus, the castle, Royal Mile, churches, restaurants, grocery store-perfect! The hotel was pristine; staff were friendly and helpful. Not a complaint to be found.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Best choice in Edinburg if you want comfortable distance from the train and bus station!
*3 minutes walk you are to Royal Mile
*breakfast is excellent
*attraction is just couple of minutes walk
*room is spacious, clean
*staff were friendly
To sum it all, Two Thumbs Up!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

10/10!
Absolutely brilliant. We went for the Edinburgh Fringe. have stayed at sister hotel which was good and the Royal didnt disappoint.
Staff were very friendly and attentive a d really helped make the weekend perfect.
Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the beautiful city of Edinburgh.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I will start by saying the staff here are excellent otherwise this would be a more negative review.

On arrival we were disappointed as our rooms were tiny with no window just a skylight 20ft up. We tried to move but the hotel was full. Next day they got us moved for an upgrade fee.

Breakfast was a sham. Too many people and nowhere to even sit. We requested our breakfast cost be refunded for the rest of our stay which the happily did. You can get a cooked breakfast nearby for half of what they charge for continental.

The rooms are very clean but small. All staff are very friendly and very helpful. I have done 100s of reviews and always try to be positive so I'm not picky nor a moaner.

I will be staying elsewhere in future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
206aross, Manager at Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Dave

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel. Firstly, I am delighted to hear that our team took good care of you, and managed to offer a solution to your room issues. We are an incredibly old building and as a result we have a number of basic rooms, which are the skylight rooms you describe.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast with us. Breakfast is very popular with our guests and it can be very busy. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and you are absolutely correct, there are lots of amazing breakfast places around the hotel!

We hope you will try another Motel One in future.

Kind Regards