2,627 results
All reviews waverley station cockburn street great location royal mile plug sockets airport bus continental breakfast boiled eggs rooms are basic great shower central location a stones throw christmas market double bed short stay would definitely stay here again shower room
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We loved this hotel. It was within walking distance,( even with heavy suitcases) of Waverly Station. Everything was within walking distance-the Hop on Hop off bus, the castle, Royal Mile, churches, restaurants, grocery store-perfect! The hotel was pristine; staff were friendly and helpful. Not a complaint to be found.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Best choice in Edinburg if you want comfortable distance from the train and bus station!
*3 minutes walk you are to Royal Mile
*breakfast is excellent
*attraction is just couple of minutes walk
*room is spacious, clean
*staff were friendly
To sum it all, Two Thumbs Up!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

10/10!
Absolutely brilliant. We went for the Edinburgh Fringe. have stayed at sister hotel which was good and the Royal didnt disappoint.
Staff were very friendly and attentive a d really helped make the weekend perfect.
Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the beautiful city of Edinburgh.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I will start by saying the staff here are excellent otherwise this would be a more negative review.

On arrival we were disappointed as our rooms were tiny with no window just a skylight 20ft up. We tried to move but the hotel was full. Next day they got us moved for an upgrade fee.

Breakfast was a sham. Too many people and nowhere to even sit. We requested our breakfast cost be refunded for the rest of our stay which the happily did. You can get a cooked breakfast nearby for half of what they charge for continental.

The rooms are very clean but small. All staff are very friendly and very helpful. I have done 100s of reviews and always try to be positive so I'm not picky nor a moaner.

I will be staying elsewhere in future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
206aross, Manager at Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Dave

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel. Firstly, I am delighted to hear that our team took good care of you, and managed to offer a solution to your room issues. We are an incredibly old building and as a result we have a number of basic rooms, which are the skylight rooms you describe.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast with us. Breakfast is very popular with our guests and it can be very busy. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and you are absolutely correct, there are lots of amazing breakfast places around the hotel!

We hope you will try another Motel One in future.

Kind Regards

Ailsa

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at the motel one on princess street in Edinburgh many times, I am tonight having my second disappointing visit to the royal mile motel one. Room very pokey, freezing on arrival and with no Wi-fi. Reported problem to reception who rather than suggesting a room move opted for the have a drink on us and sit in the bar to use the Wi-fi fix. I’m sure they meant well but the idea of a hotel room is that you stay in it to complete your work. I am having to type this using 3G (no chance of 4g in this room). Already booked the princess street option for my next visit!!! Room is clean as is the reception and bar and despite its great location you really are better off booking into the Princess Street option

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank David P
206aross, Manager at Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear David

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, although very pleased to hear you are a Motel One fan.

We are having ongoing issues with our Wi-Fi at the hotel as we are in the process of upgrading the internet server and cabling. We apologise for the impact that this had on your stay, and we certainly hope to have it resolved soon for our guests.

We hope that you will come back to try us again once we have the upgraded Wi-Fi in place.

Enjoy you next visit to Motel One Edinburgh-Princes.

Kind Regards