2,659 results
All reviews waverley station cockburn street royal mile great location plug sockets airport bus continental breakfast boiled eggs rooms are basic great shower central location christmas market a stones throw double bed would definitely stay here again short stay shower room
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Great location 5mins from the train station efficient check in and 2 room keys provided by friendly staff rooms are immaculately clean with a good sized modern bathroom with a good shower organic shower gel provided plenty of hanging space and plug sockets are next to the comfy beds for your mobiles etc one is a international plug not great view from room but that would not stop me from staying here again
The bar area is lovely and modern where you can enjoy your drink and watch the world go by prices are a little steep though bar staff efficient and friendly
Can't comment on breakfast at £9 for a continental seemed expensive there is a weather spoons across the road which serve food all day with good prices
Would I stay here again .. Yes definitely

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayneymav
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Stayed here for a long weekend. Lovely hotel, clean, friendly staff. Bar open 24/7. Central location for many attractions. Didn't eat at the hotel but seen the breakfast and it looked great. Right by railway station.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 884Julie1165
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The location of the hotel is great. Just cross the road from the train station.It face the busy noisy Prince Street but the room was quiet. The decoration was very simple but still has a stylish feeling. The staff were friendly.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2016

First time visiting Edinburgh and first time staying in a Motel One hotel; my husband and I both thought it was absolutely lovely - we were given room 636 which appeared to be an the attic rooms - thought we might have needed satnav to find it but the lovely lady on reception gave us perfect directions which were easy enough to follow, even after a few drinks!

The room itself was very spacious and a lot larger than what we were expecting - the bathroom was absolutely lovely, the best shower I've had for a short break away. The hairdryer in the room was actually better than the little travel hairdryer I took with me! We did have a window which was overlooked by other rooms, however, there was a black out blind which cut out anyone having a nosey/daylight. To be perfectly honest, if we had a room with a lovely view it would have been completely wasted on us as we didn't spend much time in the room itself.

We didn't bother with the breakfast (we wanted full cooked breakfast), however, from what I saw whilst I was there it did look nice if a continental breakfast was what you were after.

The hotel was perfectly situated just across from the train station and was right in the city centre.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Catch the Bus 100 from the Airport and it stops literally in front of this cool hotel. Don't be put off by the name - it is a very good, stylish, clean and central hotel. The staff are all exceptionally friendly. The beds comfortable (the rooms are small - but this is the good thing about it - as it makes a stay very affordable)
Stayed here for 1 night, then came back for an additional 2 nights.
If you want Doormen and need loads of staff running around you in the hope to get a tip, if you like old fashioned traditional hotels - THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.

Motel One - regardless of where I travel to - the place to stay