“Amazing Apartment!”

Scotia Grand Residence - Quartermile Apartments
Reviewed 28 November 2015

I have stayed here twice! First time we booked a 1 bed apartment which was nice and cosy! The second time I booked 2 penthouses which were AMAZING! So spacious, clean and the views were good too! Would recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a apartment with a nice view!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Monicapatel27

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Had a fantastic weekend here, hired penthouse was fabulous, clean and furnished very well. Great location easy to get too. Would recommend it for large groups. It's in a really nice area, with lovely cafes and bars in easy access.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 753rosew
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Just spent a girls weekend in their 4 bedroom penthouse apartment. Quarter-mile is a fantastic area to stay while in Edinburgh, central to wherever you need go. The apartment was spacious, well laid out and tastefully decorated. Being the penthouse gives you the opportunity to go out on the balcony to watch the world go by and Arthur's Seat.
We did have problems working the central heating but one phone call and someone came to show us how to use it.
One small complaint, 8 women, they should think about the supply of toilet paper.
Would definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Dont book these apartments its a scam! My group booked a penthouse suite and on the day we were set to arrive I recieved a call from the manager on his mobile to tell me that there had been a fire in the penthouse and was no longer available. I was instead given 2 apartments in seperate buildings for our party of 8 with no apology or offer of discount for our inconvenience. As it was too late to change our plans we had no choice but to accept this. When we arrived there was no evidence of a fire in either buildings. When we checked out our party ensured we had cleared any mess as we had put everything into bin bags .Unfortunately one of our party did oversleep and was late in leaving. When I returned home a few days later I checked my online bank statement to discover they had charged a further £400 to my account without advising of why!! No email or phone call prior to whipping this large amount from my account!!! When I called to query I was told it was because we had left a mess and someone still in the apartment after check out! How this constitutes £400 is beyond me!!! They refuse to refund any of this money despite numerous calls and emails!!! I have since discovered from other guests that the EXACT same thing happened to them! They were told there had been a fire in the penthouse and were given seperete flats then charged huge amounts for damages which had never occured!!! I would advise anyone to steer clear of this place!!!!!

Stayed: August 2015
11  Thank Humphries_xO
Reviewed 26 September 2015

The folks at the Scotia Grand are fantastic! Their staff and facilities are second to none. Gabi and Kenny are my new family in Scotland. We will stay at the Scotia Grand every time we return to Edinburgh; at least twice a year.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family