All reviews student accommodation shared kitchen fringe venues small doubles an iron free wifi minute walk flats festival supermarket grassmarket tattoo cooker fridge towels hostel bed
Reviewed 31 August 2014

When you're after a good location and all the mod cons during Fringe then look no further! It's 5 mins walk to Bristo Square or Grassmarket, around the corner from a Sainsbury's and my room even had a view of the castle! As student accommodation, the studio had everything I needed (fridge, cooker, microwave, laundry facilities) without having to pay for all the frills of a serviced apartment. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the free wifi was a real bonus. There's no TV in the room, but with so much to see and do outside, I didn't miss it for a second.

Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side for great views of the castle!
2  Thank Bronwyn W
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Fantastic place to stay during Fringe time. It's central location means you can walk to all the action in no time, there's a supermarket on the corner for any last minute needs, the rooms are clean and well equipped, the little kitchenette was great and my view was lovely. The only cons is that there is no TV (if that is a concern for you), the windows do not open enough for you to go out onto the balcony, and the bed was uncomfortable at times. But for the price and location, you can't go wrong with portsburgh campus. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Ellie A
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a student residence that they rent during the summer season.
PROS:
- Fully equipped kitchen;
- Roomy
- Quiet
- Washer/Dryer, a welcome feature after 2 weeks of travel!
- Very fast and reliable Wifi Internet connection;
CONS:
- No air conditioning, but there is good forced air ventilation;
- Worn-out mattress is thinner in center.

Room Tip: We upgraded from a "Basic Studio" to a "Superior Studio", and we are glad we did.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jean450
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pros:
Astonishingly cheap
Great location for Book Festival, Assembly Rooms, Lothian Road, Princes Street, C venues stuff,
Grassmarket
Clean room
Hot shower
Big desk and wifi
Fridge in kitchen
Helpful staff
Lift (not always the case in Scotland)

Cons:
No tv (but it's the Festival - does it matter?)
No room cleaning (if you care)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here last summer, during the Fringe Festival. It was ideally located for many of the venues - once I found my way around the area, it was a 10 - 15 minutes walk to most of the events I'd booked. The room itself was clean and very pleasant as were the en-suite bathroom and the shared kitchen. I was there on my own and I found the room spacious enough and the bed comfortable. There were two other couples in the 5-room flat - I met them in the kitchen one morning but didn't hear them from my room at all.
I would say the room was of the same standard as you get in the budget chain hotels with the added advantage of being able to make your own breakfast; the building is in the same block as a Novotel and a Premier Inn. There is a Sainsbury's at the bottom of the street and a few coffee shops in the local area which makes eating very easy (check out the kitchen before you go shopping - there were a quite a few bits and pieces left in the kitchen with an invitation to help yourself as people had moved on but not wanted to throw good food away). A nice surprise was that the advertised free wired Wifi was actually wireless so I could use mytablet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo