“Probably our favourite Edinburgh apartment”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grassmarket 521

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Backdrift...
London
“Probably our favourite Edinburgh apartment”
Reviewed 14 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We have stayed in this complex many times before in other apartments but thought 521 might now be our preferred option here. It's perfect for two people, small but comfortable and with the space well-used. We stayed during cold windy snowy weather but the apartment is snug, warm and cosy. The owner's communication was clear, helpful and responsive, pre- and post-booking.

The location, just along from the Grassmarket, is excellent. It's at the foot of the castle hill, perfectly positioned to access both the charismatic Old Town and, via a pleasant walk through Princes Gardens, the more stately New Town. Also worth visiting and within easy walking distance are Tollcross and Bruntsfield.

We will definitely stay at 521 again in future.

NancyDuff...
Ottawa, Canada
“The perfect location”
Reviewed 27 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I was delighted with the location of this apartment. Coming out of the apartment, turned left and came into Grassmarket. Turn right and onto CastleTerrace and over to Princes St or just go a few feet and there is a good grocery store on the corner. But the secret is to go straight ahead and enter a delightful coffee shop run by Gino.
I loved the apartment. It was perfectly equipped with a full kitchen including utensils and even a washer/dryer.
The windows made the place bright and cheery. The sofa folded out into a bed. I had a university friend stay for part of my visit and she found the bed was comfortable. Certainly the bed in the bedroom was comfortable.
The bathroom is good. The shower was fine.
I want to return in the near future. I hope I can stay at 521 Grassmarket.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
chris m
penarth
“New year stay”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The flat was in excellent location for all the famous sites, restaurants and buses. Very thorough file with useful information such as taxis etc. useful to have tea etc on arrival. Compact flat ideal for two people. Very warm. Well equipped

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Olivia J
Bollington, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

What a great little place! I felt right at home and would have even considered moving in if I had the opportunity ;)

The apartment is in a wonderful location, the stairs and corridors did take a little getting used to but I'm only in my 20's, not quite sure how someone elderley would find this, but its definitely worth it!

Although some times noisy at night (it was the weekend and we slept with the window open) I couldn't fault this place, I cooked most nights and every morning we were there and the kitchen had everything, there was even some olive oil in the cupboard!
The seating areas were adequate for two people and the bed was a dream!
I found the shower a little on the small side, I'm not used to using a cubicle, but it wasn't a problem.

Located just off grassmarket with a Sainsburys down the road, a cafe and cocktail bar opposite, it was just perfect!

Lynne suggested the NCP car park on Castle Terrace, this is the nearest but is quite pricey, I parked on Riego Street, this is an underground car park under the royal bank of scotland, although access is restricted at some times, I found it safer and cheaper, its not too far away, only a few minutes walk and cost me £45 for 3 nights and 4 days, I left my car there for our entire stay!

All in all, I would like to thank Lynne for offering this beautiful place and will definitely return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway
Ziegfeld...
London
“Very Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I stayed here with my 10 yo godson and we had a great time. The apartment was a prefect size for the two of us with a very comfy sofa bed for him to use - really good quality mattress. The location was very good for the Grass market, Castle ( great views as you enter the apartment ) and the top end of the Royal Mile. Instructions for access were very clear and helpful. Also close to a number of bus routes for longer journeys.
Everything we wanted was in the apartment including kitchen utensils as I cooked mostly during our stay. Very good heating which made it lovely and cosy when it was chilly outside. Location also very good for a supermarket 2 mins away for basics although I found a better selection if you walked 10 mins up to Shandwick Place. Plenty of cafes, restaurants within a couple of minutes walk if you don't like to cater for yourself.
Furnishings were good and the place was very clean.
This is a compact apartment but it's been very well set out , has everything you need and was very good value for money - much cheaper and more comfortable than staying in a hotel.
Fast wifi.
Lynne was very helpful and easy to contact during booking and with other queries I had before we stayed. She has also provided excellent information about all the appliances in the apartment and lots of tourist information.
I would very happily stay there again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: The shower cubicle is rather small.
Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing