All reviews ian alan city centre wonderful hosts decanter of sherry b bs on arrival breakfasts were excellent bus routes front of the house secure parking bottled water little extras guest house wonderful stay minute walk busy road three nights
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This was a great place to stay. My only regret is we couldn't stay longer. We had a 2-bedroom apartment, which added a nice level of privacy and homey feel to the stay. The amenities were great and it was an easy walk down into the heart of the city, though there were plenty of public transportation options easily accessible as well. Overall I'd highly recommend this to anyone. Couldn't ask for anything more from this place!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review us and I'm glad the self-catering, serviced apartment worked for you. Many guests enjoy the privacy and quiet, especially when exploring a city and those who choose it seem always seem to enjoy it.

We hope you choose to visit us again some time

Reviewed 12 July 2016

We stayed in a 3 bed room for the weekend and we all loved Kew House and our hosts. The room was well equipped and spacious enough for 3 women with luggage and far too many shopping bags! Breakfast was delicious, everything was spotless, the hosts were helpful and cheerful and the beds were very comfy - what more could you want from a B&B? The location was perfect for us. It took us less than 20 minutes to walk to George Street in heart of the city centre, but there's plenty of taxis and public transport options. We all agreed we'll stay at Kew House again and would recommend it to everyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review on our triple room. I'm so glad you had a great time here in Edinburgh and that we helped towards that.

We would be more than happy to see you all again

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

we visited this b and b for three nights this week. We were early but it was not a problem and we were made to feel so welcome. fantastic room and superb breakfast. the hosts were the best and we loved the banter ..fun but respectful...go if you can x

Trip type: Travelled with family
ianEdinburgh, Owner at Kew House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

It's kind of you to send in a review and I'm glad I have at least one person who appreciates my sense of humour! It was a pleasure meeting you both.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Stayed 3 nights at kew house at the end of our trip. The house is on a busy road and if you room faces the street, you will hear noise. Parking is in the back but you need some skills to wiggle in there. Hosts were nice enough though our welcome was missing warmth and felt robotic. The room is quite small and the bathroom tiny - no countertop space. Otherwise a comfortable and well appointed room. Everything is vey clean. Breakfast was fine, but would have liked more fruit options. It is costly and by far the most expensive stay on our trip. Have to say it was not our favorite during our 2.5 weeks.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. As we are an owner - run establishment any guests not fully happy with their stay always concerns us. I am aware you enjoyed many parts of your visit but human nature is such that I am drawn to the parts you didn't fully enjoy. I have a feeling from details of your dates that this is a second review from your three night stay with your partner.

Firstly we are near to the main route into the city and are one of the few guest houses with secondary glazing to compensate. We are also one of the few city centre accommodations offering a free allocated parking bay per room. I was particularly concerned that you felt we were "robotic" because as you will see from almost all the reviews we take great pride in ensuring guests have a great time and ensure they are fully informed about what is available to do both on check-in and throughout their stay.

Our fruit selection is fresh fruit salad bowls (which can be changed if a guest does not like a particular fruit, fruit granola, grapefruit and a fruit bowl with bananas and oranges or apples. I am not sure how much more fruit a guest house house needs to provide with only six rooms.

You are right in that we charge Edinburgh prices. We are in Edinburgh. Most capital cities have higher rates than the quieter, rural areas. I assume you must have realised this when you searched for accommodation within the city found us competitively priced before you chose to stay here.

As I say at the start I am always willing to learn from guest input but there are obviously some things we cannot change. All we can do is to advertise our business honestly and carefully and do the best we can to make guests happy. By the law of averages sometimes we will not fully manage that.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent the last two nights of our Scotland vacation in Edinburgh and had a lovely stay at Kew House! The delightful hosts Ian and Alan went out of their way to assure that we were comfortable and well looked after, providing spot-on tips for restaurants and city tours. There is a bus stop right across the street, which made it easy to get around town. At the last minute, I had requested a ground floor room due to my sprained ankle, and they were able to accommodate us with room #1. It was a bit small, but the twin beds were very comfortable and the bathroom modern and well-equipped with plenty of good thick towels and nice quality toiletries. The welcome gift of sherry and chocolates in the room was such a nice touch, and the breakfast was fabulous with many delicious choices, cooked to order. I highly recommend Kew House!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad we were able to re-organise to give you the ground floor room. I hope your ankle is much better now.

You were at least able to still get around and I'm glad it didn't stop you enjoying your stay in Edinburgh. Hopefully we'll see you again some time