“Haggis Burger Available !!!”
Review of Handmade Burger Co

Handmade Burger Co
Ranked #380 of 2,701 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our burgers are handmade from scratch HERE everyday, using traditionally reared 100% prime Scotch beef, mixed together with a selection of fresh ingredients & seasonings before being flame grilled to order. Our fresh cut chips are made from farm fresh potatoes, peeled & cut before being double fried to make them fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Our menu boasts over 40 burgers! A great selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free burgers, deliciously decadent desserts and shakes. Our sides include handmade coleslaw, onion rings, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and halloumi bites! Make sure to try our Premium fresh cut chips - Denver, Cheesy & Mexican. Halal chicken is available upon request.
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Vast selection of beef, lamb, chicken and vegetarian burgers
Order at the till point then sit back and enjoy the views including the Royal Yacht Britannia
Free tap water available; don't miss the chips which are almost the same as traditional fish & chip shop style ones. I loved them.
I also recommend the American Burger although I wished I'd had the Fairground version with fried onions.
I don't live near Edinburgh but I wish I did so I could go back again.
Note no room for puddings as portions are very generous.
Staff friendly and very helpful checking everything is alright and you have what you need.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff and good, fast service! Would highly recommend here and can't wait to come back!

Child friendly also and good pricing.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

My daughter has enjoyed the burgers at this restaurant many times and I've always been keen to try. They now do local delivery through Deliveroo so when visiting this weekend, decided to give them a go. What an expensive disappointment!! She'd assured me she and her boyfriend were always pleased with portion sizes in the restaurant. Well, when you get delivery the sweet potato fries come in a very sweet little cardboard box that is barely even half full. Onion rings not much better. Burger itself was tasty but I was extremely thirsty a few hours after eating it, never a good sign. So, two reasonable burgers and two tiny sides delivered will set you back around £26. This is in Edinburgh which is totally spoilt for choice in terms of excellent eating. Could have eaten out at either the wonderful Old Chain Pier or Roseleaf and had a glass of wine for not much more. And been totally full having thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere as well. Will definitely not be getting delivery from this place again.

Deliveroo itself seemed fine so would use them again but be more careful in which restaurant we get takeaway from!

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Deciding it was a burger and chips kind of day (wet & windy, again!) we came upon this delicious sounding place. Unusual place in that after the server seats you at your preferred table & talks you through the menu & ordering procedure you then have to go to the till point to place that order! We both chose the Classic Burger with chips and must say everything was delicious. You help yourself to refills of chosen soft drink. We would have stayed for dessert and coffees but did not fancy going through the ordering procedure again. Not sure why they have servers who do not serve?

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Loved the choice in this restaurant, particularly as a vegetarian. It's rare that I look at a menu and actually struggle to know what to choose! Able to add lots of extras, sides etc, and they also do a bun less option where you can swap the bread roll for salad or coleslaw. Staff were very helpful and accommodating with minor changes to menu choices. Great service, lovely food.