All reviews dean village beautiful library square sausage family suite first floor original features west end top floor breakfast room princes street cooked breakfast within walking distance quiet neighborhood haggis coffee machine plenty of hot water full scottish breakfast
Reviewed 14 December 2015

We have stayed here 3 nights in June 2014. We got a lovely and huge double room with sea-and cityview. The building is old a little bit, but it is very close to the city centre, 5 mins walk. There are nice restaurants and pubs around 5-10 mins walk as well. The breakfast was simple, could do it better with more choices of fruits and pastries. Good customer service and recommended for an Edinburgh city-break.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2015

We booked this hotel because of the pictures and reviews, and we were very pleased with our decision. It is about a 25 min walk from the railway station or a £7:00 taxi ride. The house was built for the owner of the Scotsman news paper so the ground and first floors are old and spectacular if you like sweeping staircases wood paneling and open fire. The bedrooms and en-suites are the opposite modern, clean small lighting everywhere and warm. The beds we found comfortable with crisp sheets. Great welcome at reception and very helpful staff. Good breakfast part buffet and part service. Plenty to eat and drink to start the day. Free wifi, hot/cold drinks (and biscuits) on the first floor where you could retire to the library. We liked the friendliness of the hotel and would stay again. If the other hotels, in the group, are up to this standard then we would also book them.

Room Tip: difficult as all rooms seemed a little different, i,e size
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2015

Ok, So I booked this place after trawling round the internet looking for somewhere nice for my girlfriends birthday. It looked great. Upon arrival I was impressed. Once in the room I found a grubby mark on the sheet and the window looked like it needed a lick of paint. I would have stayed there myself but as it was my girlfriends birthday and we had flown into Edinburgh for the night, this would not do. I checked out to the horror of the girl on the front desk. Ok, so here is where it gets good.
Instead of being all defensive, the girl couldn't do enough. I reassured her that it was not directly her fault and to chill out, we would book in somewhere else. I took the time to ring the manager a day or two later and he was also really helpful, he contacted the operations manager who promptly rang me and emailed me to say there was a full refund on the way and complimentary nights stay at anyone of their properties.
Now that is good customer service. Nowhere can get it right 100 percent of the time but as long as you take the steps to ensure you keep your customers happy you won't go far wrong. Well done B+B Edinburgh. I would try you again and I would recommend you to my friends. :-)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Second time we have stopped here. Lots of positives, comfortable rooms, free tea coffee and water. Friendly, helpful staff. Things that could improve, bar should be open after 11pm for residents and breakfast service need to be better organised.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Great place. Friendly Staff. AMAZING Scottish breakfast! The guest house looks like an ancient home with a very grand staircase.

The only con is that parking is a bit too far. Its about a 5-7 min walk away.

Room Tip: Higher floor has better views
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple