“Late!”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We were late, very late for our table. The sat nav had directed us into too many closed off streets as the dreaded tram lines continue their saga.
But despite our flustered entrance we were greeted with a quiet calm by the waitress, and shown our table
The glasses of iced water were welcome, and were topped up throughout the evening. The glossy menu carries photos of the dishes and the waitress was helpful in assisting us choose.
We started with miso soup which was excellent, but felt out of place by asking for soup spoons rather than supping from the bowl. The range of faultless dishes continued to arrive, pickle, and also avocado miki, vegetable tempura which looked like wonderful tangled nests of battered vegetables, and fried bean curd, silky in texture and taste. All too soon it was over and we were back on the streets trying to thread our way past the tram lines

3  Thank vegwit
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Kanpai Sushi

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Delicious!! My boyfriend has been moaning about lack of good sushi restaurants in Edinburgh for months. I heard a great recommendation for this place so thought I would take him along. He absolutely loved it and said it was the nicest he'd tasted by far! Mine was delicious too and the lovely decor and staff made it perfect! We'll def be gong again! :)

3  Thank SusyMak
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Went to Kanpai last night for a late dinner and was again amazed by the quality of food served there. Dumplings and aubergine with home made miso dressing are definitely on my favorite's list and even the panko salmon maki is a good interesting idea of taste (not welcomed too much by japanese people though i.e. a "deep-fried maki"?? Is a no go for them, so I was told) and I love it, a must-try, at least once. Atmosphere and value haven't changed and the service has improved since my last visit as it seems more organisation is now rule for busy times...

2  Thank CP87_2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

beutifully prepared , fresh and tasty sushi and tempura

1  Thank fifimcc
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I am a big fan of Sushiya so after hearing that they're connected decided to try Kanpai and I wasn't disappointed.
The menu is great as they have a few usual sushi favs as well as having some new things to try.
The squid tempura was yummy-light and crisp batter.
The dumplings are delicious.
They unfortunately didn't have any of the octopus fish cake but I'll just have to go back to try those!

2  Thank Lou1Edinburgh