1,258 results
All reviews quartermile area washers and dryers royal mile a small kitchen area the breakfast area simpson loan one bedroom suite sliding door corner room complimentary breakfast national museum of scotland modern hotel building work minute walk air conditioning rooms are large quiet area
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Modern, clean and bright and in a great location. Lovely views from fifth floor and loved the glass, room frontage. Colour schemes in rooms modern and bright and very welcoming. Bed very comfortable and shower large and easy to use.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We stayed here for 4 days and loved it. Location is great as it's 10 minute walk into town but in a quiet (university) area. The Meadows are 2 mins away, Aurthurs Seat 30 min walk and bus to RY Britannia 5 mins walk away. Hotel itself feels premium business like. There is a small fitness room (max realistic capacity 2 but only saw it used once), laundry and bar. Also large lounge area you could bring food to eat in or order room service. Room was spacious with nice sliding Juliet balcony door. Very clean and good housekeeping. Reception staff v friendly. Breakfast good and until 10 am. A great place for an extended stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

My first trip to Edinburgh.
We chose this hotel based on location, price, breakfast, modern looking fresh appealing photographs. The reviews were also very good.
First impressions were great. Very good location. The reception foyer and open planned bar/breakfast area was an ascetically pleasing space.

We were greeted by the hotel manager Michael, he was extremely helpfu, informative professional and had offered us an upgrade.
We were on the 6th Floor, a lift is readily available close to reception.
Our room was Room 608. As we opened the door before our very eyes unfolded a huge suite, comprising of:- hall way, open planned contemporary kitchen with dishwasher, fridge and cooker/microwave, which in turn lead around to the large spacious lounge area with a lovely contemporary corner suite with footstool and table.
There was also a study desk area and flat screen tv with sky
We were blown away at the sheer size of the suite.
Off the hall was the bathroom with a sink with large mirrored vanity unit over and a separate WC and bath with shower over.
The fixtures and fittings were very good indeed.
Our bedroom area was huge with floor to ceiling windows. A super king plus size bed with headboard, reading lamps and drawers either side. A large sliding wardrobe with plenty of drawers and hand space together with a built in electronic safe, portable cooler if required and luggage holder.
The decor was beautiful and very well done. We slept exceptionally well and we had curtains and full length blinds.
There is also an ice cube dispenser outside easily accessible.
We slept exceptionally well and the bedding was a nice smooth white cotton and we had a abundance of white fluffy towels.
Breakfast was self service and complimentary. An extensive array of culinary delights.
Exceptionally done and a great attention to detail.
All the staff are very accommodating, helpful, efficient and friendly they couldn’t have done more.
Michael, Anthony, Marcelo and the rest of the team were first class and made our visit to Edinburgh very special and wanting to revisit. Thank you sincerely !!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Yes this is the second review here...my last trip was only a short night. This time I spent 6 nights and could fully take advantage of the location and amenities. I stayed in a Queen studio.

I took notes throughout the week on my tablet. Here are some highlights:

The electrical outlets are convenient on the desk near mirrors and the bathroom so corded hair appliances could reach.

My room was always colder than the hall. One day, housekeeping left my window open. I had a chill because the weather turned. Bring hat, gloves.

There is so much to do within walking distance. I walked easily to the castle, market, Victoria street, high street and toured the free museum.

I did laundry once and it literally takes 4 hours. 2 to wash and 2 to dry. They supply laundry detergent (powdered), but no fabric softener. It’s complementary.

The bed is comfy and Marriott delivered my pillow choices. I slept well once I got over jet lag. Housekeeping is quiet until about 10 am but I was at the end of the hall near their supplies closet. Still the bed is far enough away from the door and they provide ear plugs (I didn’t have to use).

The room is clean enough to do yoga on the floor although the couch pillow had a stain and there were some dark stains in the bathroom around the shower. Nowhere where I had to stand but some are more picky about than I am. Great water pressure on the third floor and water heat response.

Full size hair dryer. Amenities include bar soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. I had lotion from another hotel.

Black out shades in the shower/toilet room and also the bedroom are adequate but let some light in. You can slide the door to close off the bathroom floor to ceiling windows and they are frosted so not see through neither in nor out.

The kitchen has a microwave, dishwasher, half fridge, and place settings for four. No stove or freezer.

No USB plugs so bring adapters.

The staff were always present and helpful. I had some especially great conversations with the night team.

Great (and popular) breakfast with hot and cold options. The area is pretty empty after for work.

Starbucks is around the corner and also a Salisbury store with all you could want for groceries. They also serve Starbucks and drinks in the lobby bar.

WiFi throughout the building, separate from public versus in your room. I worked two days in the hotel and had enough bandwidth.

Plenty of TV channels for US and UK programming. The TV mount is above the desk and swivels and extends to where the viewer is.

The tap water is really good here and through any places I’ve visited in Scotland.

I had posted before that there were no in room fire sprinklers. The hallways had very well marked fire doors and sprinklers.

There is lots of road construction nearby and throughout the city. It took an hour to get to the airport. Walking was much more convenient when available. If you're comfortable, public transportation would probably be better. I took a few Ubers and, traffic was a bit frustrating.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff were helpful, our room was large and clean and because we stayed for 6 nights we had use of the laundry facilities at the hotel which was fantastic. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate - some hot food, toast, cereals, juice, pastries, muffins and fruit. We never had any trouble getting a table for breakfast. Located in a quiet area with a Starbucks, Sainsburys and other small cafes nearby which was very handy. A short walk to the Royal Mile though we are walkers and are used to walking so didn't find it hard going at all. Recommend the hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gino_Ventre, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Christine A

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Edinburgh and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were unhappy with aspects of your stay, I can fully empathise with the frustration this must have caused you and I am sorry that we have let you – and ourselves – down upon this occasion

. Please note that all of your comments have been acknowledged and discussed at length with the hotel management team to ensure that we can continue to improve the product and service we offer.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced on this occasion, together with my grateful thanks for taking the time to complete our survey.