I stayed in a single room while attending a conference nearby at the University of Edinburgh (off of Holyrood Park Road). The hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It was about an 8-minute walk to the Conference venue, while for travel to the Old Town, a bus stop was located just around the corner, where 7 different bus lines ran very frequently. The breakfast was good, but not great, and was not included in the price of the room. Overall, if I were attending a conference again at the same location, I would stay at this hotel, which I rated as very good. As a boutique hotel, it was a notch below one I had stayed in in Paris a few years ago, but cost-wise, the Salisbury Hotel was much more reasonably priced. As an aside, I had dinner at two nearby pubs during my stay --The Salisbury Arms (located at the end of Salisbury Road near Dalkeith Road) and The Abbey (on Newington Road), which I would both recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland