“Yum Yum” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place might be on the small side, but the prices are great and the food is simple but filling. The pizza is very cheap for what you get, and the pastas are delicious, although the helpings are on the small side. All in all, a great place for lunch or an early dinner.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Fantastic pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Amazing takeaway pizza, good value and great if youre in a hurry.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nyaff Nyaff Service - Didn't stay for the food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

And so it was that we found ourselves on a bitterly cold late afternoon on a Sunday in December looking for somewhere for a very late lunch (3:10pm). Nyam Nyam looked quite inviting, and so three of us plus a two-month-old baby in a pram entered the empty Nyam Nyam. After some hesitation, we were seated with menus. I made the apparently shocking faux-pas of moving a chair so that the pram, and thus my son, could be close to the table. The waiter immediately came over to tell me, "I can't have that chair there. It's blocking that table." Clearly he was preparing for the 3pm late lunch/early evening rush and deemed it necessary to be unhelpful, unempathetic and unbelievably pedantic. He then moved the offending chair back, and our son was left away from the table by himself (in the otherwise empty restaurant). In the meantime, and very much the straw that broke the proverbial's back, three staff sat on a table behind us - a table of six, might I add, to have some food themselves as we sat waiting. Clearly not that worried after the lunch "rush", then. Enough was enough. The embarrassingly pedantic waiter had cheesed us off enough and we headed for the door. One female staff member thanked us and bade us farewell in Italian, perhaps sarcastically. (Much admiration to my dining companion who immediately responded in Italian; it helps to dine with trilinguals.) I also heard one of them ask a colleague why we were leaving. To answer, the simple truth is I was offended by the appalling lack of customer care. Try the pub just down the road ("The Abbey"), where we had been the night before - great service, great food, great value. Perhaps the staff of Nyam could take a trip there to see how it should be done. Terrible indeed. Please note I comment not on the food whatsoever, and the pricing was fine. But I shall not be setting foot in there again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JaredBoBoFace
Stirling
“Delicious Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

A great variety of Italian pasta & pizza dishes in this little cafe. The place is ideal for a quick lunch or dinner and I've had a couple of take-aways from them too. The staff were great, we needed a vegetarian pasta and they were able to change their menu and whip up a delicious dish for my partner. It's moved from Nicholson Square a few minutes walk south and into bigger premises on Clerk Street, number 27 I think. The decor is very average but staff, price and food make it a favourite of mine whenever I'm in Edinburgh!

• Visited August 2011