The Balmoral Hotel
      The Inn Place(Edinburgh)
      • Bar/Lounge
      • Pool
      4,104 results
      All reviewsthe palm courthadrian's brasseriescotch barrocco fortemarble bathroomsean conneryconcierge stafftrain stationbeautiful hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelprinces streetbirthday treatedinburgh castlecastle viewroyal milespa
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked this hotel for myself and my son so that we could visit family and hit the shops! We were upgraded free of charge to an executive twin which was on the 6th floor. The room was extremely comfy and spacious and the bathroom was very roomy. The beds were a dream to sleep in but outside noise was a little bit of a nuisance as I was woken a couple of times in the night but it is in the middle of the city so its to be expected. Breakfast was very good and we were made to feel nothing would be any trouble to request. From arriving outside the hotel in my car, which was taken to a safe carpark by a valet, to checking out and having my car returned, the staff were the most helpful , friendly and welcoming I have ever experienced in a hotel. Every last one of them had the same attitude and it made for a very pleasant stay and value for money. Thank you The Balmoral, next time I shall be sure to have time to sample the spa also

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
      1  Thank Jonkaz
      balmoraledinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Balmoral with your son.

I am delighted that your Balmoral experience was so memorable and I have shared your positive impressions with the team whose aim is to provide guest satisfaction and service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future and, as you mentioned in your review, we do hope you will take advantage of our Spa facilities on the occasion of your next visit .

I would ask that you please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely

Franck Arnold

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Nice room with comfy bed. v clean. Complimentary refreshments on demand via housekeeping. central location. great views. ren toiletries.
      Only poor service experience we had was reclaiming our luggage. concierge was asking us if we would like a taxi when someone he clearly knew entered the hotel. before we could speak he was with the new chap and ignored us. very poor but not a reflection on the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review following your stay at The Balmoral. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and its location, however, I was disappointed to read your feedback with regard to the service you received from a member of the Concierge team on your departure.

We typically receive very favourable feedback about the quality of service and professionalism of our Concierge team and I would like to convey my sincere apologies that they were not more proactive on this occasion in assisting you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future and if I can be of assistance then please do contact me.

Yours sincerely

Franck Arnold

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night at the start of December for a special occasion. We chose one of the deluxe rooms which looked out onto Princes St.
      The first thing we noticed was the quality of staff, very friendly and accommodating. The reception area is of course beautiful but tastefully done (no loud tartan despite its pedigree!) and their Christmas tree was stunning.
      Our room was huge but, even with its size, the high ceilings and cold weather outside, a perfect temperature. The bathroom was large with a great power shower and tub for soaking in, and the toiletries were of very high quality and well worth stealing. The only drawback was the large windows looking out onto the street with thin muslin curtain panels, we just couldn’t be certain whether people on the street would be able to see us in the bathroom!
      I decided to visit the health suite on the Sunday morning and while I couldn’t be bothered with the gym, it looked very well stocked with equipment. The pool, set into a basement area with archways, was beautiful with soft lighting and was again set at the perfect temperature for a gentle swim. Add to that the extremely comfortable loungers, bathrobes and selection of magazines and drinks…I didn’t want to leave!
      Breakfast was delicious with a huge variety of hot and cold foods and the staff were again very helpful and friendly.
      I’m aware my description doesn’t really do the Balmoral justice, it has a great heritage and reputation and it definitely lived up to it, with outstanding customer service. I’m glad to say that it was well worth the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed in the Balmoral for one night as part of a business combined with leisure trip! Unfortunately my stay wasn't long enough to allow me to make use of bars/restaurants/spas etc. within the hotel but everything I did experience was fantastic. Each member of staff I met was very efficient, very polite, from desk staff to concierge. The room was nice, bathroom lovely, and plenty of the extra touches that make a hotel 5* - turndown service, newspaper delivery to room etc. When I requested an iron and tea/coffee making facilities they were both delivered immediately.

I highly recommend the Balmoral - aside from everything else the location is first-class, no 1 Princes Street!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
      1  Thank kerryjsmyth
      Reviewed 2 March 2012

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I have been with this hotel it clearly deserves its 5 star rating. From reception staff to cleaners everyone is warm and friendly and very attentive without being intrusive. The food is excellent and so is the service. Nothing is wanting in this hotel and can't recommend it strongly enough. Price is the only thing that will put you off but it's the price you have to pay for such excellence and it's almost certainly worth it!

Room Tip: Top floor has some great views of the city!
      • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business