We spent four nights in this hotel. What a great experience! Lovely building. We had the suite 30. Absolutely perfect, warm and comfortable. Dinner in the restaurant, so small that you think you are in a private dining room. Very good food. Breakfast in the room, which I don't particularly like, but we had a big dining table so it was not a problem. Very nice and helpful staff. The car park was very useful.
We had to go back to Edinburgh after some nights in the countryside. As we did not know the place when we had booked, we took another hotel for our second stay. It was good but nothing to compare and it was more expensive! So, yes, the Edinburgh Residence is THE hotel we will go back to.
The location is also very good, not far from the centre. The only problem was the road works. We had some trouble to reach the hotel in the first place. Luckily, our GPS found the way around it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edinburgh Residence is a collection of 29 elegant, 5-star hotel suites through three adjoining Victorian houses in the West End of Edinburgh. Categorized as 'Classic,' 'Grand' and 'Town House,' the 5-star suites are more like apartments, with magnificent proportions that really allow you to spread out and make yourself at home. In some, the sitting rooms are adjoining, and in others they are self-contained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Edinburgh Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edinburgh Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Residence Scotland