Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,423 results
All reviewscomplimentary mini baryork placeaveda toiletriesirn brutram stopjohn lewisrain showerfresh milkroad worksjunior suitelovely hotelplayhouse theatrehotel barbed was very comfortablefull scottish breakfastprincess streethigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here overnight on April 28th and really enjoyed it. Lovely rooms, great shower and pleasant staff. It was really well-located for lots of the lively shopping and socialising parts of the city. Our only negative was that we ordered the ploughman's platter for a bar lunch and waited 35 minutes before it was served - a bit odd as there was no cooking involved- but we enjoyed a complimentary cocktail which compensated somewhat! I'd definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to a friend who woks close by and often stays overnight in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We were in room 214 which even one of the staff admitted was "a bit tricky" to find. No views but no street noise either and we slept really well
3  Thank marieHamilton
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Marie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

Firstly I would like to extend my apologies for the waiting time for your lunch at The Turquoise Thistle Bar. This is certainly not our standard and I have discussed your comments in detail with our head chef. I am glad to hear that your comments were dealt with swiftly and I hope you enjoyed your complimentary cocktails.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. All our bedrooms come with walk in showers that feature spa inspired rainfall showers and luxury toiletries. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh consist of 5 Georgian townhouses which can make finding your room a bit of an adventure. However our concierge are on hand to not only give you their local knowledge about our neighbourhood but also to show you to your room.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome your friend and yourself back to our beautiful hotel in the future.

Stay Original,

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I travelled to Edinburgh with my wife in early April and had the pleasure of staying in one of the nicest hotels we've been to.
The atmosphere was lovely, with friendly staff making us feel welcome.
The rooms were spacious and well decorated, with everything one needs to feel at home.
I would highly recommend dining in the restaurant! The selection of mouth watering food and presentation is out of this world. I had the hand dived Scallops and Sirloin steak with Triple cooked chips that are to die for.
We had a lovely time and will definitely be back when we travel to this part of the world again.

3  Thank Andrew J J

Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It was a pleasure to meet your wife and yourself during your stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your meal at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant. Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about sourcing only the best of Scotland's fresh produce and this certainly shows in the taste and presentation of all our dishes whether it is afternoon tea, dinner or a quick snack at the Turquoise Thistle Bar.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay Inspiring,

Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel as part of a short break in Edinburgh. We were impressed with all aspects of our stay and the quality of service provided, from the fantastic room, facilities and restaurant to the accommodating and friendly nature of the staff. A gem of an hotel with a great location.

3  Thank Lynda D

Dear Lynda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such kind comments about Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your short break with us and that you were impressed with both our individually designed bedrooms and the quality of the restaurant and hotel service provided. We pride ourselves in providing luxurious, boutique accommodation and personal, individually tailored service that leaves you wanting for nothing.

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located on York Place which is the east end of Queen street making for a perfect base to explore the city. We are just around the corner from the Edinburgh Playhouse, Princess street with all its shops, Multrees walk and George Street with designer shops and trendy bars and restaurants.

I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay curious,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I took an impromptu visit up to Edinburgh for the night, booked a last minute room (booked it 5 minutes before I showed up on my phone!) at the Hotel Indigo. I was so happily surprised with my choice. The staff was unbelievably welcoming, and even gave me the name of a non-touristy bar to go to and get great scotch. Met incredibly nice locals there, too. Bed was cozy, room was perfect temperature, and bathroom was amazing. I didn't experience anything that the negative posters had mentioned. Lift was running, bar was great, location was ideal, and room was perfect. I'll definitely be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street and was still super quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank carorock
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Carorock,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is very much part of the neighbourhood and as such we like to recommend places to see and go that might be slightly off your general tourists path to give you a chance to really experience Edinburgh.

We do have secondary glazing in all our rooms which works fantastically well and will keep the noise of our buzzing city center out when you just want some piece and quiet.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay Original,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Food was absolutely fantastic,good value,perfect service. All fresh and tasty. Definitely recommend if you looking for high quality of food and lots of taste.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank malgmalk

Dear Malgmalk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Turquoise Thistle restaurant, bar and lounge at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about the fantastic ingredients that are available on our door step and you can certainly taste this in all our dishes. From hand dived Scottish scallops to the juicy Aberdeen Angus Sirloin steak complete with triple cooked chips all our ingredients are sourced from local suppliers.

Why not come in and try our Afternoon tea with champagne the next time?

I am delighted you have enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stay original,