“one night wonder”

Ranked #63 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
fife
“one night wonder”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

stayed only one night ,hotel had some blips but staff were all very good at sorting them out rooms excellent we had a ground floor room due to lift not working could not have asked for better nice touches in rooms like crisps choc biscuits and some juice the staff are all young but really try to help everybody food especially breakfast very good from the manager to waiting staff welldone 10 out of 10 for effort

Room Tip: if you are a little infirm get ground floor will not be dissappointed also you get buckets of ice fr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jonjonandbabs
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear JonJon and Babs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all your requests were dealt with efficiently. All our uniquely designed bedrooms come complete with complimentary mini bar and we have stocked them with Tunnock's Caramel bars which are a Scottish favourite when it comes to biscuits.

We do pride ourselves in providing great personable service and I am happy to pass on your great comments to our fantastic team.

I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay original,

Dominic
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
hamilton
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here overnight on April 28th and really enjoyed it. Lovely rooms, great shower and pleasant staff. It was really well-located for lots of the lively shopping and socialising parts of the city. Our only negative was that we ordered the ploughman's platter for a bar lunch and waited 35 minutes before it was served - a bit odd as there was no cooking involved- but we enjoyed a complimentary cocktail which compensated somewhat! I'd definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to a friend who woks close by and often stays overnight in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We were in room 214 which even one of the staff admitted was "a bit tricky" to find. No vi...
3 Thank marieHamilton
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Marie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

Firstly I would like to extend my apologies for the waiting time for your lunch at The Turquoise Thistle Bar. This is certainly not our standard and I have discussed your comments in detail with our head chef. I am glad to hear that your comments were dealt with swiftly and I hope you enjoyed your complimentary cocktails.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. All our bedrooms come with walk in showers that feature spa inspired rainfall showers and luxury toiletries. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh consist of 5 Georgian townhouses which can make finding your room a bit of an adventure. However our concierge are on hand to not only give you their local knowledge about our neighbourhood but also to show you to your room.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome your friend and yourself back to our beautiful hotel in the future.

Stay Original,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I travelled to Edinburgh with my wife in early April and had the pleasure of staying in one of the nicest hotels we've been to.
The atmosphere was lovely, with friendly staff making us feel welcome.
The rooms were spacious and well decorated, with everything one needs to feel at home.
I would highly recommend dining in the restaurant! The selection of mouth watering food and presentation is out of this world. I had the hand dived Scallops and Sirloin steak with Triple cooked chips that are to die for.
We had a lovely time and will definitely be back when we travel to this part of the world again.

3 Thank Andrew J J
Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It was a pleasure to meet your wife and yourself during your stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your meal at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant. Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about sourcing only the best of Scotland's fresh produce and this certainly shows in the taste and presentation of all our dishes whether it is afternoon tea, dinner or a quick snack at the Turquoise Thistle Bar.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay Inspiring,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel as part of a short break in Edinburgh. We were impressed with all aspects of our stay and the quality of service provided, from the fantastic room, facilities and restaurant to the accommodating and friendly nature of the staff. A gem of an hotel with a great location.

3 Thank Lynda D
Dear Lynda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such kind comments about Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your short break with us and that you were impressed with both our individually designed bedrooms and the quality of the restaurant and hotel service provided. We pride ourselves in providing luxurious, boutique accommodation and personal, individually tailored service that leaves you wanting for nothing.

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located on York Place which is the east end of Queen street making for a perfect base to explore the city. We are just around the corner from the Edinburgh Playhouse, Princess street with all its shops, Multrees walk and George Street with designer shops and trendy bars and restaurants.

I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay curious,

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I took an impromptu visit up to Edinburgh for the night, booked a last minute room (booked it 5 minutes before I showed up on my phone!) at the Hotel Indigo. I was so happily surprised with my choice. The staff was unbelievably welcoming, and even gave me the name of a non-touristy bar to go to and get great scotch. Met incredibly nice locals there, too. Bed was cozy, room was perfect temperature, and bathroom was amazing. I didn't experience anything that the negative posters had mentioned. Lift was running, bar was great, location was ideal, and room was perfect. I'll definitely be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street and was still super quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank carorock
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Carorock,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is very much part of the neighbourhood and as such we like to recommend places to see and go that might be slightly off your general tourists path to give you a chance to really experience Edinburgh.

We do have secondary glazing in all our rooms which works fantastically well and will keep the noise of our buzzing city center out when you just want some piece and quiet.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay Original,