“Top-notch Hotel and Restaurant”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #71 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Top-notch Hotel and Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I travelled to Edinburgh with my wife in early April and had the pleasure of staying in one of the nicest hotels we've been to.
The atmosphere was lovely, with friendly staff making us feel welcome.
The rooms were spacious and well decorated, with everything one needs to feel at home.
I would highly recommend dining in the restaurant! The selection of mouth watering food and presentation is out of this world. I had the hand dived Scallops and Sirloin steak with Triple cooked chips that are to die for.
We had a lovely time and will definitely be back when we travel to this part of the world again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew J J
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It was a pleasure to meet your wife and yourself during your stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your meal at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant. Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about sourcing only the best of Scotland's fresh produce and this certainly shows in the taste and presentation of all our dishes whether it is afternoon tea, dinner or a quick snack at the Turquoise Thistle Bar.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay Inspiring,

Dominic
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel as part of a short break in Edinburgh. We were impressed with all aspects of our stay and the quality of service provided, from the fantastic room, facilities and restaurant to the accommodating and friendly nature of the staff. A gem of an hotel with a great location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lynda D
Dear Lynda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such kind comments about Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your short break with us and that you were impressed with both our individually designed bedrooms and the quality of the restaurant and hotel service provided. We pride ourselves in providing luxurious, boutique accommodation and personal, individually tailored service that leaves you wanting for nothing.

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located on York Place which is the east end of Queen street making for a perfect base to explore the city. We are just around the corner from the Edinburgh Playhouse, Princess street with all its shops, Multrees walk and George Street with designer shops and trendy bars and restaurants.

I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to our team and I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay curious,

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I took an impromptu visit up to Edinburgh for the night, booked a last minute room (booked it 5 minutes before I showed up on my phone!) at the Hotel Indigo. I was so happily surprised with my choice. The staff was unbelievably welcoming, and even gave me the name of a non-touristy bar to go to and get great scotch. Met incredibly nice locals there, too. Bed was cozy, room was perfect temperature, and bathroom was amazing. I didn't experience anything that the negative posters had mentioned. Lift was running, bar was great, location was ideal, and room was perfect. I'll definitely be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street and was still super quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank carorock
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Carorock,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is very much part of the neighbourhood and as such we like to recommend places to see and go that might be slightly off your general tourists path to give you a chance to really experience Edinburgh.

We do have secondary glazing in all our rooms which works fantastically well and will keep the noise of our buzzing city center out when you just want some piece and quiet.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay Original,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Food was absolutely fantastic,good value,perfect service. All fresh and tasty. Definitely recommend if you looking for high quality of food and lots of taste.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank malgmalk
Dear Malgmalk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Turquoise Thistle restaurant, bar and lounge at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about the fantastic ingredients that are available on our door step and you can certainly taste this in all our dishes. From hand dived Scottish scallops to the juicy Aberdeen Angus Sirloin steak complete with triple cooked chips all our ingredients are sourced from local suppliers.

Why not come in and try our Afternoon tea with champagne the next time?

I am delighted you have enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stay original,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a dinner with friends and one night stay at this new very stylish property. A la carte menu was something amazing. Very innovative and appealing options, it was hard to choose. Set menu did not look disappointing as well. The size of chips that came with steak was something out of this world! And the winelist had some reasonably priced wines, which I was happy about, especially Malbec, which went very well with our steaks.
The only minus I could spot in Indigo hotel was service in restaurant and bar. Felt like staff were lacking experience and did couple mistakes, which was quite odd for such a luxurious hotel. However they were pleasant and looked like trying hard.
The room was fantastic! The amenities were quality, so were the robes (very soft), whole interior and bathroom facilities were best you could expect. Breakfast room service and food was flawless. Restaurant team did great job by being personal and chatty yet professional. And we felt that immediate (about one hour after delivery) breakfast trays pick up was a nice touch. Our stay was smooth and very enjoyable, would recommend to anyone

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank EvaM86
Dear Eva,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at our Turquoise Thistle restaurant, bar and lounge. Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about sourcing only the best of Scotland's produce which is why everything we prepare just taste that little bit better.

All our team have undergone a lot of training on both customer service and product knowledge and we are continuously retraining and adding to the existing knowledge.

I am very happy to hear that you liked the room you stayed in. All our rooms come with complimentary mini bars, spa inspired rainfall showers, luxury toiletries and bath robes and individually controllable air conditioning to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay vibrant,