“Lunch catch up ”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Liberton. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Edinburgh’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We were at the Toby carvery for lunch today . We tried the 3 for £5 (like small starters) & it was really nice . Would definitely have it again . Pudding lovely .

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Liberton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to this Toby Carvery but our most recent visit was very poor. The lady that seated us was lovely - Bridget. As was our waitress. The carvers attitude shocked me to be honest. He looked so uninterested, looked exhausted and had zero customer service skills. He didn't once utter a word to any of our party 5 of us. Just looked at us, no question of if we would like to upgrade or if we would like a yorkshire pudding. Nothing at all. We all felt that we were an inconvenience to be perfectly honest. My son was served the scrag end of beef complete with string. Totally inedible as was pure fat. The veg, no mashed potato left, the carrot dish was just about empty. Roast potatoes were like stones and cold. We spent £80 on this experience and left feeling very disappointed indeed. We visited Friday 29th December.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Liberton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hi Melanie,
I am really sorry with the service you received by our chef on your recent visit with us. I have taken your comments on board and rest assured I will be dealling with the person responsable regarding this. I hope this does not put you off visiting is in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

One of my sons took his older brother and I for a lovely meal at the Toby Carvery in Liberton and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We hadn't booked but only waited a few minutes before we were given a nice table with a view onto the lawn. It was so nice to find somewhere that's wheelchair friendly. The service was friendly and your choice was excellent. Definitely somewhere I would recommend.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Liberton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for your review, I will pass on your lovley comments on to the team. We hipe to see you again soon

Reviewed 21 December 2017

OK, but nothing special. Would probably not use again, have had better carveries at other Toby Innssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I was treated to lunch by my brother, "GET READY, YOU'RE GOING FOR LUNCH"

He said we where going to Toby Cavery for lunch, which I thought was good, as heard about the place that many times, plus glanced accross at the road, after paying our respects accross the road from the Liberton one.

Well today I was in it, and from moment of going in and getting greeted by Bridget, then her checking the table reservations, my brother was told we have a table free till 16:00 which was fine, and we were escorted to the table, and was then asked if we knew what we wanted, and my brother said, "FINE"
Was then told the waitresss Angela would be here shortly, which true to word, she was, and asked if we'd like a drink O.J. LARGE, and 2 POPS, then after us all (£ OF US) deciding what we'd like, we then went to the HOT FOOD COUNTER, and picked TWO MEAT, VEG (IF YOU CHOOSE BEEF A YORKSHIRE PUDDING TOO), then to the Extra's counter where you had a choice of gravies, preserve etc.

we went back to the table and we all enjoyed it, as we ate everything we had picked,
The meat was nice and tender, veg was cooked well, as hot, but still with the bit to it, "AL DENTE" and those with POP to drink, could go back and top up the glass as much as they like/d.

Really it was my first time, which as a registered Autistic person that is sensative to certain atmospheres/conditions, it was very nice, and yes we would be back again, as really, like our mother said, we pay our respects accross the road regularly, and have looked accross the road and wondered just what it was like, but we can now say we have been and can now make it possibly regular stop too.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovley comments, we are glad you had a great visit with us, I will pass on your comments to Angela and Bridget. We hope to see you again soon