“This restaurant is now closed.”
Review of Caciopepe - CLOSED

Caciopepe
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Have visited this restaurant several times now and had always found it be be great value .
Sad to say when we went again this week it had changed and it's now a Mexican restaurant.

Anyone know if it has moved from the Hanover St location to another location?

4  Thank Kathleen M

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I decided to eat lunch at Caciopepe to retrace our steps of 40 years ago when this restaurant was The Patio. The lunch menu is 6.95 for two courses. My husband had small pizza starter (the dough was a bit tough) and Veal Milanese main. He said it was delicious. I had the mozzarella with tomato dip. Mozzarella was delicious but the dip was SO spicy I only 'dipped' once! Far too much chilli in it! I had spaghetti carbonara for main which was huge but strangely quite tasteless! Service was friendly. I would suggest that the management should invest in new menus as the ones we were given were pretty scruffy and dirty! It wouldn't cost much to do this. All in all value for money for what we had but a wee bit more attention to details such as scruffy menus wouldn't go amiss. Also as a previous reviewer mentioned, there was a faint whiff of drains but not strong enough to put us off!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

From reviews was expecting a very good meal so a bit disappointed. Lacking in attention to detail and not very nice smell (bad drains?) was off-putting. Large helping of risotto but too salty. Friends' main course was nothing special. Coffee was good, as was house wine.

1  Thank Tammienorrie
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great value and good quality food . Very friendly staff. Good sized portions also . Highly recommended

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to Edinburgh for the night and came across this lovely little italians. Luckily we were able to do a last minute booking for 8:30pm. When we arrived they were running a little late, as expected because the place was very busy. The waiter was extremely nice to us and brought us a complimentry glass of wine each for running late. Once we sat down and ordered the food came quickly and it was one of the best italians i've been to! Great atmosphere, great quality food and you get alot for the price. What more do you need?