“Last minute booking”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to Edinburgh for the night and came across this lovely little italians. Luckily we were able to do a last minute booking for 8:30pm. When we arrived they were running a little late, as expected because the place was very busy. The waiter was extremely nice to us and brought us a complimentry glass of wine each for running late. Once we sat down and ordered the food came quickly and it was one of the best italians i've been to! Great atmosphere, great quality food and you get alot for the price. What more do you need?

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Booked this afternoon for a table at 5pm tonight using my taste card. We were the only ones in the restaurant at first but it got busier. I had pate and toast and my friend had calamity both fine not amazing but ok. The mains were definitely better. We had a pizza and risotto both were yummy and portions sizes were huge actually too big. Meal came to 17 quid using the taste card. I would return for full price as I enjoyed my pizza as so much and the menu prices are very reasonable

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

On visiting Edinburgh for my birthday unfortunately we stumbled across this Italian.

I have never had such a bad experience and felt so uncomfortable in my life, I felt like I was in a playground!!

To start off with the menu was dirty and falling to pieces, service was really slow, interior is old and tatty, glasses also dirty!

We ordered pate and it tasted horrid!! It was in a ramekin and looked like it had been sitting for ages as the top of the pate had dried out. We struggled to eat it so left half.

One of the Italian waitresses kept looking over at our plates shrugging her shoulders then walking away, after a few attempts of catching her eye she finally came over and with a huge attitude said "what's is your problem?? Why haven't you eaten it?" Standing there staring at clearly pissed off, we said we were saving ourselves for the main course, she huffed grabbing the plate of the table and walking away slamming the plate on the bar ranting away to her colleagues.

From then on she didn't come over to our table, we waited around 40 mins for our steak with peppercorn sauce ( which had way too many peppercorns) The steak was hardly cooked (I asked for medium) but felt to uncomfortable to say anything, the veg was over cooked so we left that and got the same attitude when they came to take it away!

Throughout our hole meal the waitress stared at us trying to make us feel uncomfortable (if looks could kill) !!

When we were leaving and said goodbye both waitresses started laughing shouting goodbye at us!

Horrible experience!! Very childish, rude behaviour from the staff! Have never felt so uncomfortable and couldn't WAIT to leave!!!!!

Waste of money and time!!!!

2  Thank Natmua
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a great little place right in the centre of Edinburgh. Went there a couple of weeks ago with friends and had a great lunch at a very reasonable price. Food was great and best of all the wine comes in litre bottles!!! It is quite small so probably best booking especially at the weekend.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had lunch here while xmas shopping and failing to find anywhere else to eat (why we could get in here I cannot fathom) the service is bright, friendly, fast and Italian. the lunch menu is just astounding value with no change in portion size.

The inside is small but comfortable and their seems to be loads of room around the tables.

I will be going back to try the full menu and I will report back.